• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panamabob

Dear ND, take some knees, punt.

They are working overtime at the blame factory because there is just so much of it needed to pass around for this loss. Give up 43 points to Northwestern?!

Lifelong ND fan, and as many turnovers and young guys playing on defense that the Irish have going on right now is not in a good recipe to win, I don't care who you're playing. However, IMO this game was lost by Coach Kelly. Could have certainly made some better decisions (PAT, running with guys other than wideouts on the goalline, running the ball more in the latter parts of the game, etc) and I think our arrogance got in the way of just running out the clock on an inspired Northwestern team.

On another note, I am a big fan of Pat Fitzgerald. I remember being in ND Stadium my senior of high school and the numbness of losing to a team (NW) that I really didn't where it was located. As that season went on I learned more about them and how historic of a season that they had in '95. I think he is a perfect coach for that program. I think he'll stay there as long as he's welcome, and he has so much energy and an even keel about him during interviews that it is hard for me not to root for him. I think he's great for Northwestern and they are lucky to have him.

Dear ND,  

Please rethink your coaching.

kf would suggest that you move back to Belize, Central America or wherever the hats are woven/spun/smoked...

Ecuador, turd. I can get you a rum, canelazo, cristal, or your regular if you'd like. Dirt cheap! I can get Communion wine, too. The canibals are waiting for you. Your blood will burn for days and they need it.

Ecuador, turd. I can get you a rum, canelazo, cristal, or your regular if you'd like. Dirt cheap! I can get Communion wine, too. The canibals are waiting for you. Your blood will burn for days and they need it.

kf just doesn't understand the hate for ND unless...not enough Chiquita mommas in South Bend...amnesty for all...

My wife wants you to know that she worked for another banana plantation, she came here legally, and naturalized as soon as she could. Love ND, dislike the coach.

To be honest, I'm a Kelly guy (was since well before he got the job) but what has happened the 2nd half of this season has me questioning my beliefs. There's something going on with that team in the locker room that is translating directly to the field. That's the only explanation I can come up with. I'm also questioning my faith in Golson. He is supremely talented. But he's a turnover machine and it's not getting any better. And your starting QB has to be a leader, and their tailspin smacks of a lack of leadership. I'm just at a loss.

How about the injuries they've had?? Some playing now should be on the bench awaiting their turn in a couple of years. I know that's not the answer but it does contribute to what's going on during Saturday afternoons.

How about the injuries they've had?? Some playing now should be on the bench awaiting their turn in a couple of years. I know that's not the answer but it does contribute to what's going on during Saturday afternoons.

Almost the entire defense is injured.  They even started players that were targeted for red shirt years.  VG is not the problem!  His defense was solid when the players were healthy.

It's sad that Golson just doesn't seem to care anymore.   He seems to have the same blase' attitude when things are going bad.  It reminds me of Jay Cutler's attitude with the Bears.  

To be honest, I'm a Kelly guy (was since well before he got the job) but what has happened the 2nd half of this season has me questioning my beliefs. There's something going on with that team in the locker room that is translating directly to the field. That's the only explanation I can come up with. I'm also questioning my faith in Golson. He is supremely talented. But he's a turnover machine and it's not getting any better. And your starting QB has to be a leader, and their tailspin smacks of a lack of leadership. I'm just at a loss.

Do you think it has to do with the cheating probation or academic fraud?