Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

After a three-team tie for first place last year, the TRC is gonna look a little different this year. Valley is out. Cass is in. Interested to hear what teams are returning and what they lost. Southwood and Northfield graduated quite a bit of talent at the skill positions if I'm not mistaken. Mac has speed all over the place. Wabash a three year starter at quarterback. North Miami is always tough to defend running the triple. I don't know much about Manchester other than they will have a new coach running the show. Not sure about Peru or Whitko either. I know Cass had a pretty good team last year, had a few key guys graduate but they got a three year starter at qb as well running the show so that always helps. Rochester returns a lot of experience, but are gonna need some guys to step up in order to have a good season. Who do you have this year as the champion? Any news or predictions on some of the teams as a lot of talent graduated from the conference last year.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

After a three-team tie for first place last year, the TRC is gonna to look a little different this year. Valley is out. Cass is in. Interested to hear what teams are returning and what they lost. Southwood and Northfield graduated quite a bit of talent at the skill positions if I'm not mistaken. Mac has speed all over the place. Wabash a three year starter at quarterback. North Miami is always tough to defend running the triple. I don't know much about Manchester other than they will have a new coach running the show. Not sure about Peru or Whitko either. I know Cass had a pretty good team last year, had a few key guys graduate but they got a three year starter at qb as well running the show so that always helps. Rochester returns a lot of experience but are gonna to need some guys to step up in order to have a good season. Who do you have this year as the champion? Any news or predictions on some of the teams as a lot of talent graduated from the conference last year.

I know the Kings are new, but I think it is common knowledge that this is the Zebras year!  Loaded!!!! I have heard about this class all the way down here in Walton.  Maybe the Braves will at least make you guys work up a sweat.  I see the Kings a middle of the conference team with the players they lost from last year.  As a fan it will be fun to go to some new fields.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scat said:

I know the Kings are new, but I think it is common knowledge that this is the Zebras year!  Loaded!!!! I have heard about this class all the way down here in Walton.  Maybe the Braves will at least make you guys work up a sweat.  I see the Kings a middle of the conference team with the players they lost from last year.  As a fan it will be fun to go to some new fields.  

The Zebras are excited about the season and they're looking to accomplish a lot of big things this year, but still a lot of work to be done just to be ready for week 1. Mac is going to make everyone work up a sweat this year for sure. Might have the best skilled players in the conference. Those cats can straight move. I know they had a lot of football guys on the track team do very well this last year. I hope the Kings can make a little bit of noise this year. I'll be pulling for the 'ole alma mater every week except 5 and hopefully one of the rounds of sectionals haha.

• 3 weeks later...

First (official) week of High School Football games are here. A couple in-conference games and a few out of conference games. Who ya got for this week? I'll take a stab at it, but first week picks are sometimes the hardest.

Bluffton at Northfield, 7 pm - I'll take Bluffton here though I don't know much about them. Coming off of a sectional championship last year and I think Northfield graduated quite a bit of talent. Can't count that option offense out though.

Cass at Pioneer, 7 pm - Cass graduated a lot of key seniors last year. Still, they bring back quite a bit of experience with a senior quarterback and some skilled guys who got good playing time last year. From what I hear Pioneer is still very young. I'll take Cass in this one.

Maconaquah at Southwood ©, 7 pm - Southwood graduated arguably its three best players last year. Gonna need a lot of guys to step up this year. I think Mac brings back too much talent at the skilled positions for Southwood to handle. I'll take Mac here.

Manchester at North Miami ©, 7 pm - From what I hear, it's gonna be a process getting Manchester where they want to be. North Miami took a huge step in the right direction last year winning a few ball games. North Miami wins this one.

Peru at Logansport, 7 pm - Logansport wins.

Rochester at Wabash ©, 7 pm - Wabash has a stud quarterback. Dude can make plays happen when they aren't there. Defense looks to be the struggle for the Apaches. I don't think they can stop the backfield of Rochester. Zebras win this one.

Whitko at Prairie Heights, 7 pm - I'm not sure about either team. I'll take Prairie Heights, but pulling for Whitko and their kids to get a win.

• 2 weeks later...

Week 2 games, gonna be some good ones this week. Strong showing by the conference last week with Whitko snapping a 15 game losing streak versus a non conference opponent and Peru beating Logansport as well. Two conference games this week with a lot of non conference to go with it. I'll take a shot at the winners and losers of this week.

Alexandria at Wabash - Wabash might have the best receiver in the conference in Daughtry. Kid can go and get it. Problem is the defense is not there at all for the Apaches. Alexandria wins this one. 

Knox at Maconaquah - Knox's style is not the type of game Mac wants to play at all. Mac will put some points on the board with their athleticism, but Knox will overpower them and take this game.

Manchester at Bluffton - Bluffton has some dudes on both sides of the ball. Strong showing by Manchester picking up the win, but I think they drop this one.

North Miami at Sheridan - Surprised by the North Miami score last week. It isn't going to get any easier this week for them. North Miami starts the year off 0-2.

Northfield at Cass - Cass lost a tight one last week to Pioneer. Northfield struggled against Bluffton. They just don't quite have the athletes they have in years past. Cass wins this one by a touchdown or two.

Southwood at Oak Hill - Not sure what to think for this game. Both teams graduated a lot of talent from last years teams. I think Oak Hill will be able to reload a little better than the 1A Southwood can so I'll take Oak Hill in this one.

Tippecanoe Valley at Rochester - The game of the week in the TRC, The Bell Game. Both teams have skill at every position. This one will be won in the trenches. Rochester has to limit the big play and control the clock. Valley has to get their playmakers out in space. Because I'm bias I'm taking Rochester but this one will be close and could go either way.

Whitko at Peru - Whitko getting their first win in two years for the kids is awesome. Grabbing a second win this week is going to be difficult. Peru takes this one to start the year 2-0.