Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mid-State Week 6

POWER RANKINGS

1. Plainfield (5-0) (1)

Without a doubt the best team in the Mid-State right now. Defense looked a little iffy against Greenwood in the 1st half but really stepped up in the 2nd. Legitimate contender in 5A South.

2. Perry Meridian (2-3) (4)

Perry is the 2nd best team in the conference right now. I wouldn't say that they'd be competitive with Warren throughout 4 quarters of football but they should be able to win out in conference play.

3. Martinsville (3-2) (8)

Arties jump all the way to 3rd after a dominant win against Franklin. I thought that the Decatur win was fluky, but the Franklin win proved that it was not. Arties sophomore WR Jace Lafary is one to watch in the future, finishing with a statline of 6 catches, 140 yards, and 3 TDs. The Greenwood loss still stings though.

4. Decatur Central (3-2) (5)

Decatur won a rivalry game against Mooresville. Rivalry wins are always impressive, especially on the road. They are a good team but where they stand in Sectional 13 will be determined with their homecoming game against Plainfield on Friday.

5. Whiteland (2-3) (3)

Whiteland was expected to decline a bit due to their loss of production, but 2-3 was not expected and there is still some possible losses on that schedule. Either way, not a bad team, just in a conference with a lot of teams that are on the same skill level as them.

6. Franklin (3-2) (2)

After what appeared to be a solid win over Whiteland, Franklin collectively soiled their pants against Martinsville on Friday. I feel that 2-7 are all very close with one another so I have no problem with dropping Franklin so much after a lackluster performance against the Arties.

7. Mooresville (2-3) (6)

Mooresville is not a bad team, but I have 6 teams over them right now. Pioneers lost close to Decatur Central and they should have a good shot against Franklin next week.

8. Greenwood (3-2) (7)

Greenwood is back to their last place standing in the Mid-State, with their defense playing exactly how I thought it would against the Quakers. Bright future ahead for the Woodmen as long as they keep their new coach around, but this is not their year.

WEEK 6 PREDICTIONS

Plainfield 20, Decatur Central 14

Martinsville 21, Whiteland 20

Perry Meridian 35, Greenwood 28

Franklin 27, Mooresville 26

Should be an exciting week in the Mid-State, as always.

Just now, roaringthunderdlr said:

POWER RANKINGS

1. Plainfield (5-0) (1)

Without a doubt the best team in the Mid-State right now. Defense looked a little iffy against Greenwood in the 1st half but really stepped up in the 2nd. Legitimate contender in 5A South.

2. Perry Meridian (2-3) (4)

Perry is the 2nd best team in the conference right now. I wouldn't say that they'd be competitive with Warren throughout 4 quarters of football but they should be able to win out in conference play.

3. Martinsville (3-2) (8)

Arties jump all the way to 3rd after a dominant win against Franklin. I thought that the Decatur win was fluky, but the Franklin win proved that it was not. Arties sophomore WR Jace Lafary is one to watch in the future, finishing with a statline of 6 catches, 140 yards, and 3 TDs. The Greenwood loss still stings though.

4. Decatur Central (3-2) (5)

Decatur won a rivalry game against Mooresville. Rivalry wins are always impressive, especially on the road. They are a good team but where they stand in Sectional 13 will be determined with their homecoming game against Plainfield on Friday.

5. Whiteland (2-3) (3)

Whiteland was expected to decline a bit due to their loss of production, but 2-3 was not expected and there is still some possible losses on that schedule. Either way, not a bad team, just in a conference with a lot of teams that are on the same skill level as them.

6. Franklin (3-2) (2)

After what appeared to be a solid win over Whiteland, Franklin collectively soiled their pants against Martinsville on Friday. I feel that 2-7 are all very close with one another so I have no problem with dropping Franklin so much after a lackluster performance against the Arties.

7. Mooresville (2-3) (6)

Mooresville is not a bad team, but I have 6 teams over them right now. Pioneers lost close to Decatur Central and they should have a good shot against Franklin next week.

8. Greenwood (3-2) (7)

Greenwood is back to their last place standing in the Mid-State, with their defense playing exactly how I thought it would against the Quakers. Bright future ahead for the Woodmen as long as they keep their new coach around, but this is not their year.

WEEK 6 PREDICTIONS

Plainfield 20, Decatur Central 14

Martinsville 21, Whiteland 20

Perry Meridian 35, Greenwood 28

Franklin 27, Mooresville 26

Should be an exciting week in the Mid-State, as always.

Plainfield 31-21

Whiteland 24-17

Perry 42-38

Franklin 28-24