• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 Week 1

Memorial at Jasper, 6:30 pm
North at Princeton, 7 pm
Heritage Hills at Mount Vernon, 7 pm
Vincennes at Bosse, 6:30 pm
Washington at Boonville ©, 7 pm

**all times are CST

The way I see it, the only surefire picks are HH and Boonville.

Memorial over Jasper may seem obvious to some, but going to Jasper to open the season is never easy. I expect a close one. 

VL looked pretty stout in their scrimmage with Harrison. Bosse will certainly be a step up in competition. Again, close.

North/Princeton has been a good matchup each of the last two years. No reason to believe it won’t be again this season.

No one has created a thread for the PAC in the Pick'Em Club. Link: 

Here are my Week 1 winners, if anyone decides to create a thread in that forum (or run it here until then ... I have enough on my plate).

Memorial (system, experience, talent)
North (begrudgingly)
Heritage Hills (I'm a homer)
Vincennes (keeping it simple)
Boonville (I like the coach)

On 8/17/2019 at 8:08 AM, SEAL_63 said:

Also if anyone attended a scrimmage of a Big 8 school, please share your thoughts.

Curious how Jasper looks in a new system...Princeton expects to be improved...Washington may be even worse.

I know this is a about a week later, but I did get a chance to watch the scrimmage against Ev. North. Jasper D looked decent. We held our own. They did a lot of slants which was a majority of their big plays. Offensively, we didn't look sharp, a few bad snaps here and there.  Looked like more of a spread offense with the option ran a few times. Had most of our success with runs.  

I’ve seen several Bosse teams over the years. It’s been some time since they looked more well rounded than what I saw tonight. Much of the talk in the Evansville area about a possible Bosse surge in the SIAC could prove to the true. Defensively, in particular, they gave Lincoln fits much of the night. They’ve got a beast of a front 4 who can rush the passer. Mix that with sophomore QB Coleton Pfoff making his first varsity start, and it was not a pretty offensive night for the Alices. 

However, Lincoln’s defense was as good as anticipated coming into the season. All four VL scores were a direct or indirect result of the defense. They reciprocated with their own pass rush that forced Bosse into 4 int’s and 7 turnovers (?) overall. That combined with a solid run game just wore them down in the end. 

Obviously, Lincoln has to improve in the passing game/pass protection, but that was expected to be a work in progress moving forward. Pfoff is definitely the future at QB. He’s got good arm talent, just needs time to adjust to varsity speed. And facing an exceptionally quick Bosse front in his first game was not conducive for success. 

Big big game next week against Boonville!! For what could be the conference!!

Edited by SEAL_63