Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Joey Hart hired by Cloverdale

Hart, who is probably the most polarizing coach in all of Indiana high school basketball, has been given another chance to prove himself by Cloverdale, who has been struggling for years after the graduations of Cooper Neese (2017) and Jalen Moore (2018). As you may or may not know, Hart was extremely successful at Linton-Stockton before getting into legal trouble. His two DUIs in 2023 led to his termination at Linton.

Hart inherits a team that lost 5 seniors and placed dead last in the Western Indiana Conference, not winning a single conference game. The team finished 2-22 with wins coming against Riverton Parke and Eminence. The next two teams at the bottom of the conference, South Putnam and Brown County, are set to improve as well. 2nd-year coach Josh Estridge's South Putnam team lost only one senior while Brown County went from 0 wins to 8 wins, so I can see an upwards trajectory there as well. It will be tough sledding for Hart in year one, but his team should be competitive with the bottom half of the WIC, especially with his two freshman twin sons coming in for the Clovers next year.

Any thoughts on Joey Hart going to the Clovers?

6 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Cloverdale must be truly desperate to hire an alcoholic.  What kind of teaching or administrative duties will Mr. Hart have?

He is in recovery and has been sober for quite a while now according to what I read somewhere.  Not sure the reasoning for you posting that kind of message on here other than to stir things up as normal for you.  

1 hour ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

He is in recovery and has been sober for quite a while now according to what I read somewhere.  Not sure the reasoning for you posting that kind of message on here other than to stir things up as normal for you.  

On 6/17/2024 at 11:36 PM, roaringthunderdlr said:

His two DUIs in 2023 led to his termination at Linton.

That really wasn't that long ago.  If I were an A.D. I wouldn't touch someone "in recovery" unless they had proof they had been sober for 5+ years.  Too big of a risk.  Do you really want a Shooter Fletch on the sideline in this day and age?