Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sect. 15

If I am reading the bracket correctly looks like both  games will be played in bloomington . 

Castle @ bloomington n

Evansville n @ Bloomington S.

The sagarin sectional ratings has the bloomington schools neck and neck in ratings followed by the teams from down south . Probably expect to see an all bloomington sectional final. But never can tell how far either team may have progressed during the season . 

• 3 weeks later...

Well game night has arrived. Not much interest in this sectional.. Siac vs CI    Going to predict a CI sweep. Not sure which siac team has a better chance at winning tonight. Possibly castle but bhsn is a real good team this year it seems.  Safe travels for the siac teams .

2 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Well game night has arrived. Not much interest in this sectional.. Siac vs CI    Going to predict a CI sweep. Not sure which siac team has a better chance at winning tonight. Possibly castle but bhsn is a real good team this year it seems.  Safe travels for the siac teams .

I would say Bloomington North will beat Castle. I don't know much about EV. North, but BL. South is vulnerable this year, not a typical year end South team. So BL. North vs. ? toss up. 

Edited by southend

2 hours ago, southend said:

I would say Bloomington North will beat Castle. I don't know much about EV. North, but BL. South is vulnerable this year, not a typical year end South team. So BL. North vs. ? toss up. 

I agree about south. Seems like ever since 2016 or so injuries/diciplinary  have been factors every year and they haven't been able to build up much in-season continuity and improvement.  Add in the ever increasing boundary of school district that benefits bhsn more then bhss by moving farther and farther south and well it just ain't what it used to be. Not to be the town crier but ........ lots of historically panther communities are going to north nowadays. Given the history of bhs/bhss being in the top ten in all time football wins and all time state titles in all sports that really means those communities care about high school athletics and always have . Hopefully the school board will vote out their districting policy and we can get back to more logical districting.      No excuses but if there were excuses that would be it. And yeah i think bhsn wins the sectional this season and probably for the next two years ........ Their qb is a soph i think and he has some youth starting alongside him now. 

The idea of beating a team 2 times in the same year is a feat in itself, on top of that, first game a semi blow out. Going to Castle for a revenge game is a tall order with a typical Bloomington south team let alone this Panther team. Boy the North Cougars sure had a nice run going this year, and should have won this sectional. If they only could attract a quality coach, sorry but this game against Castle is an example of the career of Bless at BHSN. Credit to Knights. 

• Like 1

Possible Regional Final Match-ups.

Castle [7-4] at Jeffersonville [5-6]

Floyd Central [9-2] at Bloomington South [7-4]

Castle [7-4] at Floyd Central [9-2]

Bloomington South [7-4] at Jeffersonville [5-6]

Neither team will look past each other this is just for the fans. Personally i would love to see floyd central make the trip up to b town. The two schools have never played at football.