Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bengals fan enters second month living on roof after pledging to stay until a win

Muda69

https://local12.com/news/local/bengals-fan-enters-second-month-living-on-roof-after-pledging-to-stay-until-a-win-cincinnati

MILAN, In. (WKRC) – It’s going to be another long and cold week for the owner of the Hog Rock Café after another Cincinnati Bengals loss. Jeff Lanham has been living on the roof of his restaurant/bar for a month now after pledging to sleep on the roof until the team wins following the team's Week 5 loss to Arizona.

"It's crazy,” said Lanham. “I'm stuck in it. I can't get out of it. There's no way out. "

It began as a jokingly bar bet, but as the team now sits at 0-9, Lanham is keeping his word.

Before Sunday’s game against Baltimore, Lanham’s wife Chrissy and friends hit the tailgate party at Longworth Hall as Jeff sat in the tent on top of the restaurant.

"I've always said I've never prayed to win a game just because I know there's far more important things to pray for. But, you know, the last couple weeks, I'm praying, you know, like, "Please let us win so Jeff can come down,'” said Chrissy Lanham.

After a month outside, Lanham’s tent has become his home. He has snacks, a 50-inch TV and shelves of keepsakes, including a photo of his wife.

"I hate not being around my family, that's probably the worst part. Not being around the family. But I'm going to stick with my word and eventually they have to win. "

And that could be a few more weeks with the Oakland Raiders and Pittsburgh Steelers up next for the Bengals.

When I first saw the headline I thought this was some kind of real sacrifice by a devout fan,  until I read that his "tent" has a 50-inch TV and snacks.

• Like 1