Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Duke at Notre Dame

PHJIrish

Lots of things to like after this game and obviously some areas to work on. RB Williams looked good and the freshman TE Mayer will be a handful. Chris Tyree showed explosiveness that the offense needs. Defense settled in after the 1st qtr, Foskey had a huge game, Owusu-Koramoah showed why he’s a future 1st round pick at lb and hopefully Kyle Hamilton ankle is what BK says and is only an ankle sprain because he is a legitimate difference maker any position he plays (safety, nickel, goal line cb).

Biggest concerns are the OL and qb play. I was surprised at how well duke dominated the LOS against the returning offensive line of notre dame, especially early. To have all 5 starters back up front and only have like 4 yards of offensive after 3 possessions is troublesome. Needing a fake punt run on 4th and 8 to get your offfense going is concerning. And Book didn’t look or play the way you’d want a 3rd year starter to look like. I think a lot of this has to do with 1. Duke having a good game plan and giving the Irish looks they weren’t prepared for 2. Book playing with all new skilled position players 3. 1st game type action since the bowl game.

I know some fans just can’t believe how bad book and the line played, how they only beat duke by 14. IMO I’ll take the win any time, they improved and made adjustments as needed and pulled away final half if not 3 quarters. Lot to be excited about, just need to keep improving and hopefully stay healthy.