Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The case for Iowa State

BTF

On 12/17/2020 at 5:03 PM, DT said:

The Buckeyes basically fell asleep after quickly scoring to go up 35-7 in Q3.  Cavernous Ohio Stadium was empty and dead quiet.  Hoosiers took advantage of the lull and made it interesting.  I was on the boat and second guessing my decision to bail on the game while following on my trusty Blackberry, but it was over and we all know it.

Bottom line, OSUs seconds beat IUs firsts 90% of the time.

We still have a 35 year winless streak against Brutus, big play offense or not.  .  It is what it is.  IU is not a roadblock to OSU, it is an impediment.  Will continue to be so until we finally beat the Bucks and string together 3 out of 5 to show some consistency.  

I could just as easily make the case that IU’s 35-7 deficit was as much self-inflicted as it was Ohio State.

On 4th and 2 early in the 2nd quarter, IU dropped a crossing route inside OSU territory that would have set up 1st and 10 inside the red zone. Ohio State then went on to score to take a 2 TD lead.

Trailing 21-7 late in the second half, IU’s receiver catches a pass in stride inside OSU’s 10 yard line, runs into the referee and fumbles. Instead of the score being 21-14 at half, OSU goes down the field to extend the lead to 28-7.

I don’t buy for one notion that OSU let off the gas. IU figured it out how to get to Fields and bothered him all afternoon. IU realized they could bully OSU’s DB’s up and down the field.