Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Which programs do the most with less

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Couldn’t agree more.

Who are the teams who are in the bottom half of their class in terms of enrollment, are public, have a free and reduced lunch percentage over the state average (roughly 50 percent), have a schedule strength in the top half of the state and have a winning record annually?

There’s your answer.

FRL rate tells you about the student population. 

Is there a good measure of community socioeconomic status- something like the local RE tax base?  Doesn’t the local property tax fund the public HS. 

I’m not disagreeing with you, just thinking out loud.  Both would presumably move in direct relation, I’m just wondering is there a way to find if the school is well-funded even if some students who attend come from lower income households? 

4 hours ago, temptation said:

I’m not sure this is true.

I shot myself in the foot a little when I suggested 3 times enrollment instead of 2.5 times enrollment. Only four teams have three times the enrollment of New Pal.............Carmel, Ben Davis, Warren Central, and North Central.

In 2018 & 1019, the Dragons wasted Center Grove by a three plus touchdowns. During that time period, the Trojans went 5-7 vs the four largest schools in the state. In 2018, Warren Central beat Center Grove by a wider margin, 12 pts, than anyone not named New Palestine. New Pal beat them 23 pts. In 2019, Warren Central again defeated Center Grove by a larger margin than anyone but New Pal. Warren Central beat them by 7, whereas New Pal beat them by 19. Forget about the seven programs that are 2.5 New Pal's enrollment, it's a no contest during those years. 

You bring some good stuff to the table Temp, but even you can't debate this one. Case closed. 

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Pioneer's FRL is roughly around 42%.

Which just makes Pioneer's case stronger. 

• Like 1