Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #6

Huge week for the conference as we will know a lot more about who the front runner is/is not around 10pm on Friday night.

Fishers @ Avon:  No shame for the Tigers in losing to top-ranked (depending upon which poll you prefer) Brownsburg last week.  Looks like they moved the ball but the defense let them down.  Won't be an issue this week and will spoil the Orioles' homecoming and stay alive in the conference race...for one more week.  Fishers wins 38-14

Franklin Central @ Noblesville:  I have these teams neck and neck in my latest rankings and have a lot more faith in the Flashes than I do the Millers.  I feel like Noblesville's ceiling is a bit higher but it depends on which team shows up.  Franklin Central's close loss to Zionsville a couple of weeks back looks a lot more impressive now, considering what the Eagles have done since.  I am going with the road team here.  FC wins 24-21.

Westfield @ Brownsburg:  Does the torch officially get passed on Friday night?  Westfield is coming off of its first conference loss in three years so it will be interesting to see how they respond.  Brownsburg can stay on pace for that late season showdown with HSE with a win.  All of the marbles on the line.  The way it should be.  Everyone else in the conference needs the Rocks to pull it out on the road.  I say Brownsburg makes a statement.  Dogs win 30-21.

Zionsville @ Hamilton Southeastern:  HSE has lived up to the offseason hype and like Brownsburg needs a win to keep pace for the conference crown.  Zionsville seems to have steadily improved week to week after suffering some graduation losses in 2021.  They have grown up.  Won't be quite enough in my opinion though.  I am going with the Royals here.  27-17.

What say you?

Edited by temptation

Not much action on the HCC thread.  Just when they "might" be challenging the MIC for strongest conference.

I'll give Avon a little more motivation considering it's homecoming:

Fishers 31   Avon  23

FC/Noblestucky- this is the most difficult game to predict. The Millers at home should prevail...   but they won't.

FC   28  Noblesville  27

The big one at Brownsburg (until week #9)  Dogs  38  Rocks  24

Zionsville played very well on both sides last week. But HSE is tier one in the conference.

Royals  24  Zville  14.

24 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Not much action on the HCC thread.  Just when they "might" be challenging the MIC for strongest conference.

I'll give Avon a little more motivation considering it's homecoming:

Fishers 31   Avon  23

FC/Noblestucky- this is the most difficult game to predict. The Millers at home should prevail...   but they won't.

FC   28  Noblesville  27

The big one at Brownsburg (until week #9)  Dogs  38  Rocks  24

Zionsville played very well on both sides last week. But HSE is tier one in the conference.

Royals  24  Zville  14.

The MIC is now firmly in the rear view mirror IMO.

Fishers by 21 over Avon

Franklin Central at Noblesville is a coin flip game.  We don't know if we'll get the Noblesville team that came within a 2 point conversion of beating Westfield or the one that got blown out by 32 points against Zionsville.  I'll say Noblesville's big o-line wears down Franklin Central as the game goes on and the fact that they're at home gives Noblesville a 3 point win over Franklin Central.

The torch will be passed from Westfield to Brownsburg as to who the dominant program in this conference is.  Brownsburg by 17 over Westfield.

Hamilton SE by 17 over Zionsville