Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

LCC at Rochester

18 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Anyone have insights on those Cass fumbles?  There tend to be about three types of fumbles that happen in games 1) loaf of bread handling, 2) right hit, right time, right place, and 3) active defense.  There are some offenses where if the defense sneezes, that ball's coming loose.  There are some defenses that just swarm folks and that ball's coming out ... it's just a question of if the whistle blows first.  Other times, it's just a situational fumble of the right hit at the right time.  Any insights?

Cass had six fumbles for the whole season and then ended up with four just in the LCC game.  Rochester, similarly, has five fumbles in the season so far.  Is it LCC that cause the difference in fumbles or just Cass not concentrating?

I'd say 50/50. I think LCC does a great job creating turnovers as we saw in the Cass game, but if you also look at their regular season games they do a great job of it as well. One of the fumbles came on a kick return where I think the guy was trying to run as fast as he could and didn't have it high and tight like he should. I think two of the fumbles LCC had their players helmet right where Cass ball carriers had the ball tucked and made a good hit where the ball was coming out regardless. The other one I'd have to go back and find.

I think the point you're trying to make is LCC will force you to turn the ball over, and you are exactly correct. If there is one thing I'd say the LCC defense has excelled at this year from watching their games its that they will force you to turn the ball over whether its a fumble or an interception. I think they are better at using ball skills to pick it, but probably not gonna get too many opportunities to do so this Friday. Rochester is going to have to hold the ball tight and really concentrate when carrying the rock. I'm sure it will be a point of emphasis in practice this week.

Edited by First_Backer_Inside
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

I dont think its unreasonable to think  Lcc cant get a few stops vrs the 3 headed monster on a long field..... In a possession game... field position is huge.... who has better kicking game??  

I think LCC just missed its first PAT this past weekend.  Kickoffs favor Rochester on distance averaging about 46 yards.  Rochester doesn't punt a lot, but when they have, it hasn't been stellar.  They are averaging about 18 yards a punt.  Not that their punt daya and kickoff data is incomplete ... e.g., apparently Rochester didn't kickoff in the Maconaquah and Wabash games.  LCC's kickoff has been averaging about 32 yards with punts about the same.

Returns favor LCC with 23 yards on kickoffs and about 18 on punts.  Rochester averages around 14-15 yards on kickoffs and only around 3 yards on punt returns.  LCC returners are always dangerous.  They have four games with kickoff returns of over 30 yards while Rochester has only one.  Likewise, LCC has six games with punt returns of 20 or more yards ... including three with returns of more than 40 ... while Rochester has one game over 20 for games reported.

6 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I think LCC just missed its first PAT this past weekend.  Kickoffs favor Rochester on distance averaging about 46 yards.  Rochester doesn't punt a lot, but when they have, it hasn't been stellar.  They are averaging about 18 yards a punt.  Not that their punt daya and kickoff data is incomplete ... e.g., apparently Rochester didn't kickoff in the Maconaquah and Wabash games.  LCC's kickoff has been averaging about 32 yards with punts about the same.

Returns favor LCC with 23 yards on kickoffs and about 18 on punts.  Rochester averages around 14-15 yards on kickoffs and only around 3 yards on punt returns.  LCC returners are always dangerous.  They have four games with kickoff returns of over 30 yards while Rochester has only one.  Likewise, LCC has six games with punt returns of 20 or more yards ... including three with returns of more than 40 ... while Rochester has one game over 20 for games reported.

OK.... so... keep em pinned deep n make em drive the length of the field..... that outta even it up.....

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

I dont think its unreasonable to think  Lcc cant get a few stops vrs the 3 headed monster on a long field..... In a possession game... field position is huge.... who has better kicking game??  

Fantastic point! Making a high school team drive 80+ yards is extremely difficult for an offense(not impossible) and increases the chance for error. 

7 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Fantastic point! Making a high school team drive 80+ yards is extremely difficult for an offense(not impossible) and increases the chance for error. 

Yep.... IF Lcc can get some strikes n keep em pinned deep... this game is a nail biter.....

17 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Yep.... IF Lcc can get some strikes n keep em pinned deep... this game is a nail biter.....

I think regardless, it will be a nailbiter. As far as 2A goes other than Eastside and Luers, this might be the game to watch. Calpreps has LCC winning 35-34. Indiana predictor has Rochester by 1 with homefield, losing by 1 without the homefield factor. Might just come down to those ole intangibles you like to remind us about Mr. BendNotBreak 😉 

4 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I think regardless, it will be a nailbiter. As far as 2A goes other than Eastside and Luers, this might be the game to watch. Calpreps has LCC winning 35-34. Indiana predictor has Rochester by 1 with homefield, losing by 1 without the homefield factor. Might just come down to those ole intangibles you like to remind us about Mr. BendNotBreak 😉 

Isn't Secenia playing Tri?  Another good one!  I can't c a clear favorite in looking at the intangibles on this one... they look even to me.... guess it will come down to good Ole execution....

• Like 1