Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

mid-state sectionals 13 and 14

Sectionals 13 and 14=the Mid-State sectionals

With Max Clark back (missed the first Whiteland game due to playing for Team USA Gold medalist baseball team), I am leaning toward Franklin over Whiteland if no other key injuries. He is a huge difference.

Still going with DC until they prove otherwise against familiar opponent (and lesser many previous seasons) for sectional championship. 

Anyone else out there?

AC Stevens is back now? My cousin's kid goes to DC and told us he had actually quit the team a while back? 

For Franklin, the Johnson County paper said their older QB got hurt in sectional game last week. Know that they have played two QBs this year, so not sure what that does to them for Whiteland and who is playing. 

Just now, RetiredSouthernCoach said:

AC Stevens is back now? My cousin's kid goes to DC and told us he had actually quit the team a while back? 

For Franklin, the Johnson County paper said their older QB got hurt in sectional game last week. Know that they have played two QBs this year, so not sure what that does to them for Whiteland and who is playing. 

Both of these were question mark areas going into this mix. We will see who takes the field tomorrow. Like to see the best version of these teams competing, which often does not happen this time of season due to injuries, etc.

36 minutes ago, RetiredSouthernCoach said:

He was hurt. He is back now.

We made it out of Sectional 13, boys. Plainfield made the key plays when it mattered in both games and won their sectional for the first time since their State loss in 2000; the year they pulled a massive upset over an undefeated Cathedral team. Now, they have to go on the road to play (in my opinion) the best team in all of 5A. 

A few weeks ago, Whiteland went on the road and spoiled Plainfield's senior night by a score of 45-14. They just dominated the second best Mid-State team, Franklin, by a score of 24-0. The factor that interests me, however, is both teams' performance on the road against Martinsville. Whiteland went on the road and got dominated by the Artesians. Plainfield went on the road and beat them.

In my eyes, there is a chance. Anything could happen in the playoffs (see: Northridge, Monrovia). However, the chance is miniscule at best. Whiteland realizes that their State Championship window is closing fast, and they will play like it. They will be moved up to 6A very soon and will not be able to compete immediately against the likes of Center Grove, Brownsburg, and Cathedral barring any miracles.

The winner of this game will face the winner of Bloomington South and Castle. Bloomington South dominated Conference Indiana this year, and is 9-1 with a loss to the aforementioned Artesians. Castle lost to all of the good teams in their conference, including 2A Evansville Mater Dei.

Overall, Plainfield needs to play a near-perfect game in order to keep it close against Whiteland and will need to rely on the clutch moments that they've provided throughout the season in order to win late. I will be at that game, and I hope that those Quakers can pull it out.

I presume Pinnick did not play for Franklin. Whiteland looked terrible at Martinsville. Were they missing half their defense? Martinsville is not a dynamic team with high level playmakers (see East Central results 47-0 halftime) and still steadily moved the ball. I was shocked. And Whiteland does not pass well when they have to.