Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Something to chew on

23 hours ago, GroundSquirrel said:

I have been thinking about this for awhile but the regular season in Indiana means absolutely nothing unless your going for a conference title. From classes A-4! There is roughly 8 teams per sectional what’s wrong with saying the playoffs will be the top 4 teams from each sectionals. That way we avoid having matchups like Lutheran vs Cloverdale. I just think it would make the regular season mean a little more maybe there’s a better to it. Also i think they should flip the class like how the set 32 teams for 6A make 1A set first then trickle down to 6A maybe Whiteland could have competed at the 6A level. Just my two cents gain this maybe isn’t a good idea but the IHSAA does need to rethink its structure for football.

The problem with a four team playoff for those classes is determining what four make it in. You have to base it on something whether it is a point system, sagarin rating, wins, losses, point differential, etc...the list could go on and on. It's too much work for the IHSAA to come up with. It's a lot easier to just let everyone in, bounce around some ping pong balls, and list the names of the schools as they fall. Your idea isn't a bad one, just never gonna happen or at least not any time soon.

As for starting with 1A and moving up rather than 6A and moving down, you have an excellent point there. I forget where I heard it but someone mathematically(numbers don't lie) explained to me that it would make a lot more sense for classification and enrollment to do the classes this way. 

22 hours ago, Grover said:

How was the weather when CG had the ball?

O’Neil, after throwing for 410 yards and five touchdowns in the regular-season game, was limited to 7-for-15 passing for 75 yards and was sacked seven times.

“We really worked on (defense) this week,” Moore said. “The defensive coaches really worked on it. We took last game personally.”