Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indiana programs lose another in-state blue chipper to out of state programs

Muda69

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/07/17/indiana-basketball-recruiting-kokomos-flory-bidunga-down-to-4-schools/70422492007/

Flory Bidunga is down to four schools.

According to a post Monday on his Instagram account, the Kokomo star is considering Auburn, Duke, Kansas and Michigan. The 6-9 Bidunga, rated as a five-star prospect and the fourth-ranked player nationally in the 2024 class by 247sports, said last month he planned to take one more visit to Indiana before making his decision, but did not list the Hoosiers among his finalists.

Duke became a contender for Bidunga, named the state’s Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior, in June. Auburn, Kansas and Michigan have been recruiting Bidunga at least going back to the high school season.

As of last week, Bidunga was planning to make his announcement in the week leading up to the start of his senior year of high school at Kokomo, which begins Aug. 2. He has not officially set a date for his announcement.

Bidunga averaged 20.2 points, 13.8 rebounds and 4.5 blocked shots per game as a junior for Kokomo, helping the Wildkats to the Class 4A state finals.

How sad that the like of IU and Purdue couldn't get him.

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

He wasn't incredibly impressive in the State Final game. He'll be a project wherever he goes.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've talked about IUs recruiting ventures in the IU thread. Its hard not to trust Mike Woodson and his staff right now. Since arriving back in Bloomington he has put IU on the national recruiting stage and gone toe to toe with top programs in the nation for 5-star recruits and won more than his fair share. While the effort for IU was there with Flory hard telling the reason why IU didn't land in the finalist for him but were talking about the inner working on the mind of 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EasyEJay said:

I've talked about IUs recruiting ventures in the IU thread. Its hard not to trust Mike Woodson and his staff right now. Since arriving back in Bloomington he has put IU on the national recruiting stage and gone toe to toe with top programs in the nation for 5-star recruits and won more than his fair share. While the effort for IU was there with Flory hard telling the reason why IU didn't land in the finalist for him but were talking about the inner working on the mind of 

I've talked about IUs recruiting ventures in the IU thread. Its hard not to trust Mike Woodson and his staff right now. Since arriving back in Bloomington he has put IU on the national recruiting stage and gone toe to toe with top programs in the nation for 5-star recruits and won more than his fair share.

While the effort for IU was there with Flory hard telling the reason why IU didn't land in the finalist for him but were talking about the inner working s of the mind of a 17 year old who knows . IU has a lack of 24's commitments but has made plenty of list for top 100 talent (now I know that means nothing if at least a few don't land in B-town) .  Again right now you have to trust Mike Woodson and his staff to do their thing and previous recruiting cycles an indicator that you should. 

As far as the Boilers I think its most likely a mutual understanding of stylistic play. Clearly the way Flory game works is nothing like the way Painter uses Big men in his offense for better or worse both probably realized early on that wouldn't be a good fit. 

Honestly fans of both programs really shouldn't be that sad IMO its happened before with plenty of recruits when both IU and PU were on solid footing as a program.  Both have really solid incoming classes / Transfer with a sprinkling of in state talent combined with guys that fit they way they want to play. Purdue being that favorite with MSU to repeat and write the wrongs of last year. IU with new faces but plenty of talent to show what Mike Woodson can do and I think they will surprise people and finish in the top 5 of the Big 10 this year. 

Best of luck to Flory I think he will have a solid college career at any of the 4 programs he chooses . 

• Like 1