Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Heartland week 9

Big game in Sheridan as Carroll tries to complete a clean slate and win conference outright. If Sheridan defends the home turf then its a three way tie with Eastern as long as Eastern wins

Carroll at Sheridan  --- comparing the scores against Prairie and Eastern you would have to think Carroll wins by at least 2 to 3 touchdowns.

Eastern at Clinton Prairie--- Eastern wins rather easily against a banged up Gopher squad.

Taylor at Delphi---- Oracles finish regular season strong with 3 out of 4 wins 

Tri Central at Clinton Central --- The George Gilbert bowl goes to a hard nosed Bulldog team who kept fighting all year. 

Carroll at Sheridan - I hate to write this, but the Cougars claim the outright title.  The Hawks defense is decent, but they cannot continue to run left every play and expect to beat a decent team.

Eastern at Clinton Prairie - a month ago I would have picked the Gophers, but they seem to be limping towards the finish line.  I'll go with the Comets.

Taylor at Delphi - Oracles have finished strong, as they should with the schedule getting much easier (minus Sheridan) in the last half of the season.  The Titans are probably looking forward to basketball starting.

Tri Central at Clinton Central - this would be the Gilbert Bowl if both teams came out with neck rolls and ran the split back veer.  This one is more like the Toilet Bowl.  Someone needs to tell these teams to go back to the split back veer and they might win some football games.  The old green/blue tie might have been on to something.  I'll take the Trojans because I have to pick someone, and I can't pick the Bulldogs.

Stay healthy this week and get ready for sectional play.  The Bulldogs get an extra week of practice before they match up with the Park Tudor/Fountain Central winner.

Carroll @ Sheridan- Cougars are awful good- lot of athletes- run the ball well- throw the ball well- have been scored on 4 times all year- the starters only twice in 8 games- Carroll wins this -weather may keep it closer than it should be

Eastern @ CP- this should be a great game- CP can move the ball- can they stop Eastern- I'll take CP at home

Taylor @ Delphi- Delphi gets another win heading into tournament

Tri Central @ C Central- Tri Central 

3 hours ago, Landrys Hat said:

Have their numbers gone down that badly?  They are just three years removed from beating frankfort two years in a row.  

Yes, their number have gone down badly.  And enrollment across the entire school corporation continues to decline, even with their advertisement campaigns.  

And defeating Frankfort two years in a row is not exactly a difficult feat.