Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A Sagarin Seeded Tournament

If the tournament was seeded based off of the final sagarin rankings following week 9…

South:

1. Brownsburg vs 16. Indy Tech

8. Avon vs 9. Warren Central

5. Lawrence North vs 12. Perry Meridian

4. Cathedral vs 13. North Central

6. Franklin Central vs 11. Columbus North

3. Ben Davis vs 14. Southport

7. Lawrence Central vs 10. Pike

2. Center Grove vs 15. Jeffersonville

North:

1. HSE vs 16. FW Northrup

8. Carmel vs 9. Zionsville

5. Noblesville vs 12. Lafayette Jeff

4. Crown Point vs 13. Elkhart

6. Carroll vs 11. Homestead

3. Fishers vs 14. Lake Central

7. Penn vs. 10. Warsaw

2. Westfield vs 15. Portage

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

If the tournament was seeded based off of the final sagarin rankings following week 9…

South:

1. Brownsburg vs 16. Indy Tech

8. Avon vs 9. Warren Central

5. Lawrence North vs 12. Perry Meridian

4. Cathedral vs 13. North Central

6. Franklin Central vs 11. Columbus North

3. Ben Davis vs 14. Southport

7. Lawrence Central vs 10. Pike

2. Center Grove vs 15. Jeffersonville

North:

1. HSE vs 16. FW Northrup

8. Carmel vs 9. Zionsville

5. Noblesville vs 12. Lafayette Jeff

4. Crown Point vs 13. Elkhart

6. Carroll vs 11. Homestead

3. Fishers vs 14. Lake Central

7. Penn vs. 10. Warsaw

2. Westfield vs 15. Portage

The higher seed plays at home?

On 10/14/2023 at 6:56 PM, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

The higher seed plays at home?

They should instead of by the luck of the bracket. If I read Westfield's sectional correctly, they are at Carmel. Win, and if Noblesville wins at Zionsville, Westfield goes to Noblesville. That would be three straight on the road, with 7 of their 11 games away from home. With seeding, they would play both sectional games at home, regardless of the sectional opponent.

20 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

They should instead of by the luck of the bracket. If I read Westfield's sectional correctly, they are at Carmel. Win, and if Noblesville wins at Zionsville, Westfield goes to Noblesville. That would be three straight on the road, with 7 of their 11 games away from home. With seeding, they would play both sectional games at home, regardless of the sectional opponent.

I have been annoyed by how sectionals handles their home and away splits. We have had years where we would travel to the region then to Fort Wayne just to travel to the Indy area. With maybe one home game in that stretch. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 12:05 AM, WestfieldRocks said:

16 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I have been annoyed by how sectionals handles their home and away splits. We have had years where we would travel to the region then to Fort Wayne just to travel to the Indy area. With maybe one home game in that stretch. 

Seeding is a good idea with the all-in tournament, and seeding teams within the four regionals before re-seeding for the semi state should mitigate travel concerns to a reasonable degree.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 12:38 PM, PDB26 said:

Seeding is a good idea with the all-in tournament, and seeding teams within the four regionals before re-seeding for the semi state should mitigate travel concerns to a reasonable degree.

I looked at the "travel issue" for this weeks games. There are a few tonight just in 1A that have quite a bit of travel.

Sheridan/Hagerstown - One and a half hour drive

Next week: Either Monroe Central or Union City/Sheridan (assuming Sheridan wins) Either 1 hour and a half or an hour and 50 minutes.

Indy Luthern/N. Central Farmersburg or S. Putnam - An hour and 50 minutes or an hour and 10 minutes

Providence/E. Greene - One hour 10 minutes

I didn't look at the other 5 classes, but one can see that even at the sectional level, not seeded, travel can be an issue.