Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

N.I.C. - 2024

On 1/31/2024 at 9:59 AM, Coach Lou said:

Elkhart High has an enrollment of over 3100 students and their combined football/basketball record is 4-23.

I thought combining Central and Memorial would bring about a more competitive athletic program.

The Elkhart schools have never lacked for talent. From my perspective it seems to be the coaching staffs that let the programs down. Similar to Penn in regards to 6A tournament football. Penn, prior to this past season, did not seem to be physically or mentally prepared to compete at the 6A level. 

On 1/31/2024 at 9:59 AM, Coach Lou said:

Elkhart High has an enrollment of over 3100 students and their combined football/basketball record is 4-23.

I thought combining Central and Memorial would bring about a more competitive athletic program.

Its the Elkhart attitude. All of the kids think they're the next big superstar and can make it on talent alone. Then when coaches get on them and discipline them, they quit. Lots on infighting within the Elkhart school system as well. Not to mention the school board is a joke. It's really sad.

Looks like most of the NIC schedules are set... Riley and St. Joe look to have one opening each in the NC and their game against one another is not set in stone yet. 

Penn v Riley week 3, we will get to see how much the Cats have actually improved since their last meeting...70-0.

Penn ends the year with Elkhart, NP and then St. Joe. Maybe the Penn St. Joe rivalry can heat up. Come on St. Joe get better....please.

NP will be undefeated rolling into the Penn game. 

I see Elkhart getting 3 maybe 4 wins this year....South Bend 3 and maybe Marian

16 hours ago, PDB26 said:

Looks like Cory is retiring.

He is a great man, I think he accomplished many things during his time as a player, ast. coach and head coach. I wish we could have won one title game for him... we just couldn't ever get the job done. 

I hope he enjoys his retirement. 200+ wins in 20+ seasons that is an accomplishment. 

I hope we can get the community excited about the program again, bring back fans to the games....and for the love of everything that is good in this world run a competent offense that has more than one formation in it.