• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Titan32

Coach Lewis leaving Reitz

Wow! Not being connected to RHS, this comes as a complete shock. Is anyone in Gibson County nervous?

I that a better job than Reitz?

I would be.  I think Nick will be a front runner out of the gate

Not at all.

Wow! Not being connected to RHS, this comes as a complete shock. Is anyone in Gibson County nervous?

Friendly Reminder:

When coaching jobs open up, you can talk about a coach being great at a school, but refrain from naming names as it pertains to who is interviewing or what you had heard.  GID does not want to promote rumors that could be true or could be untrue as Coaches families and jobs are involved.  Coaches interview or don't interview for various reasons, we feel it is a private matter and it should remain private on our website.  

Thanks for your cooperation.   

I have heard it said over and over again on this site how great programs retain coaches for VERY long periods of time. I don't necessarily subscribe to that idea...however, why has Reitz turned into the preverbal stepping stone for up and coming coaches?  I don’t say that to be a smart @ss….just curious about the revolving door.  Could there be admin issues of some sort?  Perhaps this is normal for a “successful” 4Aish sized program in any state?  I don't see them settling for anything less than a 50+ win type of guy....but is 5 years the most you should expect?  Again....perhaps that is normal....just curious on thoughts.

Edited by Titan32

Does anyone think John Hart would consider coming back?  Not starting a rumor or speculating just since Nick is down here maybe a family reunion in Southern Indiana?  Reitz is a tough gig and it does take a special type of person to be able to handle the fans there.  Or do they promote from within and one of their "own" in naming Cory Brunson the head coach?  This opening really bushwacked me.  I had not heard anything and I still live on the West Side.  Good luck at Henderson County Lewy Lew!!!! 

Edited by John_Spencer

I'm kind of shocked at this...didn't Reitz steal Henderson County's top RB last season?  I hear Henderson County is the 2nd largest school in Kentucky (2,200 kids) compared to Reitz (around 1,400).  I wonder if Lewis sees what Reitz has coming up in the next 5 years?  I hear the cupboard is pretty bare.  Brunson has been at Reitz a long time and is a good young coach.  I would have to believe he will have a head coaching gig somewhere in the near future.

I that a better job than Reitz?

Just my opinion but I would consider it a lateral move at best. 

I'm shocked by this news.  I could understand when John Hart left for Warren Central.  This doesn't make sense to me.

I do not know the financial side of this, but I cannot imagine that HC can pay significantly more than EVSC does.  Perhaps Kentucky doesn't require their coaches to teach, or HC will give him a larger coaching stipends because they don't have to worry about what Bosse and Harrison are paying their coaches.

My gut just tells me that there must be some non-monetary issue - whether it be disagreements with boosters, parents, or administrators.  I don't think he would make a change because of talent.

I can say this about Kentucky. Yes, their retirement system is top notch, and teacher salaries seem to run a bit higher in general. I was hired to be the HC at a TINY school in KY last year, and my stipend was higher than what the HC at the 5A school I had been an asst at was getting paid. There are reasons for wanting to jump for something like that, but I think ALL coaches in high school football do not do what they do for lots of reasons, but almost never for the money! There are any number of possible reasons that Coach Lewis felt it was the right move to make, and I hope that everything goes fantastically well for him!

I can say this about Kentucky. Yes, their retirement system is top notch, and teacher salaries seem to run a bit higher in general. I was hired to be the HC at a TINY school in KY last year, and my stipend was higher than what the HC at the 5A school I had been an asst at was getting paid. There are reasons for wanting to jump for something like that, but I think ALL coaches in high school football do not do what they do for lots of reasons, but almost never for the money! There are any number of possible reasons that Coach Lewis felt it was the right move to make, and I hope that everything goes fantastically well for him!

Oh I agree with you. We don't do it for the money. I left my Kentucky retirement behind to come back to Indiana because that's where I'm from and it was the best opportunity. 

The H.C. job was posted last February and he did not apply at that time. I heard that the original choice backed out and H.C. only started pursuing him last weekend. From what I understand, he will be making more money and have to teach fewer actual class hours. As to why, I can only speculate. I know that few other head  coaching jobs in the state come with the ridiculous and unreachable expectations that Reitz does. I have great respect for anyone who takes on the task. In a way, he was a victim of his own success the first few years as the wins came so easily along with a state chamionship. The last two years, we have come back to earth a little, while still winning a sectional championship last year, yet many fans can't seem to understand why we can't do it every year. I have seen many so called fans confronting him about who should play and why their kids aren't starting and asking why we aren't winning more.I think this along with some other changes in his personal life, led him to go after a fresh start somewhere else. H.C. is one of the biggest schools in KY, but always runs up against the super power Louisville teams come playoff time.I certainly would not view it as a step up, perhaps sideways or slightly down. I am sure he will be very successfull as he has been everywhere else. I myself am sorry to see him go and wish him the best. Coach Brunson,the very creative O co-ordinator under Lewis seems to be the popular choice, but has no head coaching experience. I don't know if they would throw someone untested into the fire or not. Whoever it is, I wish them the best of luck as they step into one of the most demanding head coaching positions in the state. As the old saying I have heard on the west side for a long time goes,"don't worry coach, we're behind you win or tie all the way".

I would be. I think Nick will be a front runner out of the gate

Release from Coach Hart a few minutes ago on the gibson Southern Football Facebook page:

Coach Hart wanted to release the following statement:

Due to an inaccurate local media report I feel that it is necessary for me to address the issue. I have many fond memories as a player and a coach at Reitz High School. I will always have a special place in my heart for RHS. I greatly appreciate all of the kind words I have received from former teammates, players, and fans of Reitz that have reached out to me this week. It is true that I once considered Reitz a dream job. However, times change and being the head coach at Gibson Southern High School is now my dream job. Ever since I was hired over a year ago, I have received support beyond belief from our administration, players, and community. Seeing the community's reaction after the sectional championship, regional championship, and semi-state game is something that I hope to experience for many years to come. I would like to put the rumors to rest. I have not and will not schedule an interview. Like I so often say to our kids.... "It's A GREAT DAY TO BE A TITAN!!"

Sincerely,

Coach Hart

Release from Coach Hart a few minutes ago on the gibson Southern Football Facebook page:

Due to an inaccurate local media report I feel that it is necessary for me to address the issue. I have many fond memories as a player and a coach at Reitz High School. I will always have a special place in my heart for RHS. I greatly appreciate all of the kind words I have received from former teammates, players, and fans of Reitz that have reached out to me this week. It is true that I once considered Reitz a dream job. However, times change and being the head coach at Gibson Southern High School is now my dream job. Ever since I was hired over a year ago, I have received support beyond belief from our administration, players, and community. Seeing the community's reaction after the sectional championship, regional championship, and semi-state game is something that I hope to experience for many years to come. I would like to put the rumors to rest. I have not and will not schedule an interview. Like I so often say to our kids.... "It's A GREAT DAY TO BE A TITAN!!"

Sincerely,

Coach Hart

http://www.tristate-media.com/pdclarion/sports/local_sports/article_18a09c5e-9db1-11e2-b5bb-001a4bcf887a.html

Sincerely,

Coach Hart

Awesome response Coach! IMHO, that says a lot about the man and the coach that you are! Hope the people at GS realize and appreciate what they have!

Any word on when they will hire this position?  Any leaks on who is getting hired?

No talkie about leakies

please and thank you 

Only who you think would make a GREAT canidate...we will all know what you mean..LOL.