Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Crossroad Conference

Per usual, much has been made on here about the MIC (rightfully so), but not much chatter about probably the next best conference in the state, the Hoosier Crossroad Conference. 7/8 teams finished inside the top 35 in the Sagarin last year. I think its Avon and Brownsburg at the top of the conference again this year with little separation between Zionsville, Westfield, Fishers and HSE. I think Noblesville will also be better than last year and will win some games in the conference, but not enough to rise above the rest of the pack. I think FC brings up the rear again after struggling to compete in their first season in the conference. Should be another exciting and competitive year in this conference! 

Noblesville is the darkhorse in this conference.  They made great progress last year and always play a rugged non con schedule.  I expect to see Noblesville surpass HSE and Fishers very soon and break into the top half of the conference.  Justin Roden has this program on the move.  

NOBLESVILLE
MILLERS
Coach: Justin Roden, 4-6 in 2nd year at school, 51-26 in 7th year overall
DATE OPPONENT EASTERN TIME OA 0.0, DA 0.0

Aug. 23   Indianapolis Cathedral 5A 7:00 pm    
Aug. 30 at Carmel 6A 7:00 pm    
Sep. 6   Fishers 6A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 13 at Westfield 6A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 20   Zionsville 6A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 27 at Franklin Central 6A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 4 at Hamilton Southeastern 6A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 11   Brownsburg 6A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 18 at Avon 6A © 7:00 pm  

13 hours ago, DT said:

Noblesville is the darkhorse in this conference.  They made great progress last year and always play a rugged non con schedule.  I expect to see Noblesville surpass HSE and Fishers very soon and break into the top half of the conference.  Justin Roden has this program on the move.  

NOBLESVILLE
MILLERS
Coach: Justin Roden, 4-6 in 2nd year at school, 51-26 in 7th year overall
DATE OPPONENT EASTERN TIME OA 0.0, DA 0.0

Aug. 23   Indianapolis Cathedral 5A 7:00 pm    
Aug. 30 at Carmel 6A 7:00 pm    
Sep. 6   Fishers 6A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 13 at Westfield 6A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 20   Zionsville 6A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 27 at Franklin Central 6A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 4 at Hamilton Southeastern 6A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 11   Brownsburg 6A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 18 at Avon 6A © 7:00 pm  

I don't think you are far off, DT. The problem with Noblesville last year was scoring points. They only averaged 11.4 points/game and never scored more than 24 in any game, and half of their wins came with scoring only 10 points. In a conference with Zionsville, Brownsburg and Avon (3 teams who traditional lead the conference in scoring), it will be a key in cracking that next tier. Obviously first year in a system probably played a role in that, so it will be interesting to see if they figure it out in year 2. 

4 minutes ago, QB said:

I don't think you are far off, DT. The problem with Noblesville last year was scoring points. They only averaged 11.4 points/game and never scored more than 24 in any game, and half of their wins came with scoring only 10 points. In a conference with Zionsville, Brownsburg and Avon (3 teams who traditional lead the conference in scoring), it will be a key in cracking that next tier. Obviously first year in a system probably played a role in that, so it will be interesting to see if they figure it out in year 2. 

Agree. Noblesville's D was very good last year. Offense, not so much. I agree with the OP. Avon/Brownsburg at the top, a lot of 4-3 or 3-4 records and Franklin Central at the bottom. Someone, maybe Temptation, mentioned something in a previous thread that was noteworthy. Brownsburg is getting a lot of hype with the numerous D1 recruits they'll put on the field this year, but their last game was a 38-0 drubbing by their neighbors to the South. 

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Agree. Noblesville's D was very good last year. Offense, not so much. I agree with the OP. Avon/Brownsburg at the top, a lot of 4-3 or 3-4 records and Franklin Central at the bottom. Someone, maybe Temptation, mentioned something in a previous thread that was noteworthy. Brownsburg is getting a lot of hype with the numerous D1 recruits they'll put on the field this year, but their last game was a 38-0 drubbing by their neighbors to the South. 

Call me crazy but I just don't see it with Noblesville.  I too, see the HCC as a three tier conference.

Tier 1:  Avon, Brownsburg

Tier 2:  Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern,  Westfield, Noblesville

Tier 3:  Franklin Central

Though I have the Millers in tier 2, I think they are at the bottom of tier 2 though Roden's track record speaks for itself.  I see 3-4 wins for the Millers in the regular season and the way their conference schedule sets up, they could go into the last two weeks and still be relatively relevant in the conference race.  They don't see the two heavyweights until the last two weeks.

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Call me crazy but I just don't see it with Noblesville.  I too, see the HCC as a three tier conference.

Though I have the Millers in tier 2, I think they are at the bottom of tier 2 though Roden's track record speaks for itself.  I see 3-4 wins for the Millers in the regular season and the way their conference schedule sets up, they could go into the last two weeks and still be relatively relevant in the conference race.  They don't see the two heavyweights until the last two weeks.

They definitely have a favorable conference spread from weeks 3-7, however Westfield and Zionsville (who you omitted, but would probably also be on the top end of the Tier 2 teams) back to back weeks in the middle of that is probably not what you would like to have either. 

Edited by QB

28 minutes ago, QB said:

They definitely have a favorable conference spread from weeks 3-7, however Westfield and Zionsville (who you omitted, but would probably also be on the top end of the Tier 2 teams) back to back weeks in the middle of that is probably not what you would like to have either. 

Oops.  Forgot about the Eagles.  Yes, Zionsville is tier 2 but I think has the most upside of those teams listed.

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

I see Noblesville following a similar track as North Central