Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1 hour ago, AG said:

The Caston vs West Central game was a good one and Caston had a chance to win at the end. 

Feel so bad for senior Chris Smith last year and feel bad for Hunter Schanlaub this year. Both good players and good kids. 

I heard Caston was up two scores fumbled on WC goal line and WC got it back and drove it down field and scored...and Caston had a shot at end. 

Ill always wonder... What the HNAC would be like if North White and West Central accepted out of gate to come along with Caston, Pioneer and Winamac to join Culver, Judson and Knox. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

5 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Feel so bad for senior Chris Smith last year and feel bad for Hunter Schanlaub this year. Both good players and good kids. 

I heard Caston was up two scores fumbled on WC goal line and WC got it back and drove it down field and scored...and Caston had a shot at end. 

Ill always wonder... What the HNAC would be like if North White and West Central accepted out of gate to come along with Caston, Pioneer and Winamac to join Culver, Judson and Knox. 

Was up 1 score about to be 2 scores**

I'm sorry but North White and West Central have no business in the HNAC.  I also feel Caston is in over their heads in this conference.  The old Midwest conference was perfect for NW, WC and Caston.  Schools of same size and competitive ability.  NW and WC made the correct choice staying or going back to the Midwest.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I heard LaVille was in Pioneer's red zone 4 times and didn't score. How many times did Pioneer get in LaVille's redzone and not score. ? 

You are correct . . .  Pioneer scored in the red zone.  LaVille could not take advantage of red zone chances.

Thus my (and I believe Coach Nowlin mentioned this, as well) theory of execution and turnovers a big difference in this game.

Yes, both teams had several players out due to injuries (or whatever).  LaVille's starting center was injured during the week in PE class according to what I heard on the internet.  Plus a couple others that were injured in week one or week two.

Still, "bad officials" and neither team at full strength aside, Pioneer won the game.  Fair and square . . .  the champ is still the champ until dethroned.

This is a high school game, not every officiating crew is the best or worst in the state.  Not one call or non-call decided that game Friday night.  The game was determined by the players and the coaches.  Heck, we need officials now and I've mentioned that before on GID.

IMHO, the score was not indicative of the way game was played with the players available.

Pioneer won this game. I would think both teams would want a rematch if the sectional pairings went that direction.

And yes, to confirm a question, the state tournament officials are assigned by the IHSAA.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

9 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Schanlaub??? What’s wrong with him? 

You guys who continue to point out that Laville had guys out as well are missing the point. 

The reason I brought up the injuries to the Panthers  was becausev someone said before the game that the Panthers haven't any depth. The fact that they had those guys out disproved that theory. No one question whether Laville had depth or not so the defensive post that " we had guys out too" is meaningless. 

But if it makes you feel better, fine. Whatever.

• Like 1