Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Semi-State: Western Boone @ Triton Central

6 hours ago, jets said:

Seriously it’s like talking to a brick wall with you WeBo folk...borderline childish/petty. 

Here’s the jist - 

1. Before last year, I hadn’t given 2 thoughts to the WeBo football program as it hadn’t been relevant for quite some time.

2. You all put it on us last year- plain and simple. Undefeated State Champs- was super impressed. 

3. From that time on, I’ve checked in on  WeBo this season as I knew they had quite a bit returning and a good chance to repeat. (I foolishly thought that would bring them up to 3A- but the system is flawed) 

4. A fan of yours starts throwing shade at another coaching staff and claims WeBo’s staff has WAY more class than others...hit the brakes for a second...I simply cited an example from the WeBo staff that could be seen by others as “laying it on”. I didn’t necessarily think too much of it at the time and still really don’t...we should have stopped it if we didn’t want to hear about it. I was just pointing out some may have seen it as unnecessary.

- I hope Chris or some moderators will shut this thread down soon as clearly there isn’t much more to be said. Best of luck in the State Championship 

You think many people north of Bloomington knew anything about Southridge before 2017?

Honestly, as someone else noted, the success of schools from your area on the state level isn't exactly noteworthy of late yet you have these Linton-Stockton clowns running around claiming their game against MD is for a spot in the 2A title game.  I was leaning towards it being a case of 1A arrogance/ignorance just like Pioneer fans who thought they would run through 2A like they did 1A and then thought the only reason they didn't was because they drew the eventual champ.   But the more I hear from these Southridge fans the more I think it's just a case of these fans from SW IN not knowing what goes on in other parts of the state.  

Southridge should probably just be thankful they got their moment in the sun in 2017 (I'd explain how lucky that was but you would have to have knowledge of good football programs in other parts of the state to understand.) and navigate 3A as best they can for another season.  

• Like 1

SMH - just when I thought we had put this nonsense behind us and you all could move on to focusing in on what would be a great back-to-back accomplishment, you just can't help yourself throwing jabs. 

If you think 2017 was a "moment-in-the-sun" or flash-in-the-pan for SR, then you haven't been paying much attention in the 2000s really. 

2002 - State Finalist (lose a close one to Luers, who was a juggernaut at the time)

2006- State Finalist (lost another close one - this time to Harding)

2007- Semi-State, lose to Heritage Christain

2008- Sectional Champs, lose a mud bowl in Regional

2009-2012 - Run into some VERY good MD teams who just happen to be in our sectional most years

2013 - Sectional Champs, lose in regional

2014 - Lose to MD in Sectional

2015-2016 - Spend some time up in 3A...make some Sectional Championships, but run into some very good Brownstown teams

2017 - Finally reach the mountain top

2018- Semi-State ...you all put it on us pretty humbling. 

Certainly not mind-boggling/blow you away run, but we're proud of it nonetheless. Most years not mentioned up there we spent dealing with a certain P/P in our neck of the woods that is known to be pretty good (MD). 

I really regret this back-forth, you all should spend your energy being exciting for another great season and potential State Championship. Best of luck this weekend. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jets said:

SMH - just when I thought we had put this nonsense behind us and you all could move on to focusing in on what would be a great back-to-back accomplishment, you just can't help yourself throwing jabs. 

If you think 2017 was a "moment-in-the-sun" or flash-in-the-pan for SR, then you haven't been paying much attention in the 2000s really. 

2002 - State Finalist (lose a close one to Luers, who was a juggernaut at the time)

2006- State Finalist (lost another close one - this time to Harding)

2007- Semi-State, lose to Heritage Christain

2008- Sectional Champs, lose a mud bowl in Regional

2009-2012 - Run into some VERY good MD teams who just happen to be in our sectional most years

2013 - Sectional Champs, lose in regional

2014 - Lose to MD in Sectional

2015-2016 - Spend some time up in 3A...make some Sectional Championships, but run into some very good Brownstown teams

2017 - Finally reach the mountain top

2018- Semi-State ...you all put it on us pretty humbling. 

Certainly not mind-boggling/blow you away run, but we're proud of it nonetheless. Most years not mentioned up there we spent dealing with a certain P/P in our neck of the woods that is known to be pretty good (MD). 

I really regret this back-forth, you all should spend your energy being exciting for another great season and potential State Championship. Best of luck this weekend. 

Lets just call a truce and be done. We are only giving it, because we are getting it. I admit its petty, but that's what people do when confronted about something they love. We both have programs that we are proud of. You are right about us needing to focus on the State game.

I graduated from webo years and years ago. First game I'd been to since the late 90's was semi-state against southridge last year. The score was not indicative of how close that game was. That was one or two plays from being a very very close game. Same with eastbrook in the finals. Eastbrook was up at half, and a very questionable whistle blowing that backwards pass dead, changed that game by 14 points in 10 seconds of play. Eastbrook was a very good team. I wouldn't say western boone laid the wood to either team. Was webo's first state championship since 88. We haven't been a juggernaut by any means. Good luck to eastbrook on Saturday. no injuries to either team and let's just enjoy being there. 

On 11/28/2019 at 4:20 AM, J-Rod said:

I graduated from webo years and years ago. First game I'd been to since the late 90's was semi-state against southridge last year. The score was not indicative of how close that game was. That was one or two plays from being a very very close game. Same with eastbrook in the finals. Eastbrook was up at half, and a very questionable whistle blowing that backwards pass dead, changed that game by 14 points in 10 seconds of play. Eastbrook was a very good team. I wouldn't say western boone laid the wood to either team. Was webo's first state championship since 88. We haven't been a juggernaut by any means. Good luck to eastbrook on Saturday. no injuries to either team and let's just enjoy being there. 

Who was your favorite teacher at Western Boone?

• Disdain 1