2019 Head Coach Openings Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Zonefball

Question about IFCA Junior All State

I am wondering when the IFCA started doing Junior All-State. The IFCA website goes back to 2001, maybe it was then? IDK, any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

not sure, I have been around HS football coaching since 2003

I believe it has been around since then 

have you checked out our man @Rudy  indiana almanac site? 

Just did, it may be worth the $$ to get the book, goes all the way back to 1906. If your a history nerd like me, that would be a good/fun resource to have. The IFCA website definitely goes back to 2001.  

• Like 1

My junior season, we had a kid make Junior All-state. That would've been '99 so at least that long.

The book only covers first team all-state players. To add junior, 2nd team, academic, etc. would have made this already long project impossibly longer.

Maybe one of these days though lol.

I'll see if I can get an answer for your question though. Was there someone in particular you were curious about?

Dan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

The book only covers first team all-state players. To add junior, 2nd team, academic, etc. would have made this already long project impossibly longer.

Maybe one of these days though lol.

I'll see if I can get an answer for your question though. Was there someone in particular you were curious about?

Dan

Probably still worth the $$. I cannot imagine the amount of research it took to put that together, especially with limited online resources. Agreed, adding all that would be a nightmare of a task.  I was just curious when the IFCA started doing their Junior All State. I am interested in any MSC or PLAC players, no one in particular.  Just being a football nerd lol. 

2 hours ago, Zonefball said:

Probably still worth the $$. I cannot imagine the amount of research it took to put that together, especially with limited online resources. Agreed, adding all that would be a nightmare of a task.  I was just curious when the IFCA started doing their Junior All State. I am interested in any MSC or PLAC players, no one in particular.  Just being a football nerd lol. 

It took years to gather the data (my newspapers.com account helped a ton) and about as long to format the info into book form.

The book doesn't have a conferences section but the new edition does have it broken down by school (plus by year and by last name).

If you'd like to buy a copy, here's the link:

http://www.almanacsports.com/article.php?news_id=2019011801

Also, I donate 10% of all proceeds to the gridiron digest if a forum member buys and lets me know.

Thanks for being a fellow football nerd 👍

Dan

• Like 2