Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Region tournament breakdown

Exciting year for region football, as 4 teams (Merrillville, Valpo, Hobart, and Andrean) have chances for deep playoff runs. You also have teams like KV and Hanover Central with legitimate chances to win sectionals, which would be KV’s first since 1985 and Hanover’s first ever. I’ll go ahead and make the bold prediction that at least 2 of the 4 teams I mentioned as playoff contenders will represent the North at LOS (knock on wood!) Can’t wait to see how the tournament plays out!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Exciting year for region football, as 4 teams (Merrillville, Valpo, Hobart, and Andrean) have chances for deep playoff runs. You also have teams like KV and Hanover Central with legitimate chances to win sectionals, which would be KV’s first since 1985 and Hanover’s first ever. I’ll go ahead and make the bold prediction that at least 2 of the 4 teams I mentioned as playoff contenders will represent the North at LOS (knock on wood!) Can’t wait to see how the tournament plays out!

I would not bet against Andean.

Dwenger vs Valpo is a pickem but gotta go with the saints.

I have sectional 19 winner in 4a.

Westfield in 6.

34 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

I would not bet against Andean.

Dwenger vs Valpo is a pickem but gotta go with the saints.

I have sectional 19 winner in 4a.

Westfield in 6.

Andrean will have to get through a meat grinder to get there though, assuming Pioneer in the regional and then Eastbrook in the semistate. If the Niners get to LOS, no one will be able say it was a cake walk. 

I agree that I give Dwenger the edge in the presumed semistate matchup with Valpo, but the saints will have to get through Zionsville in the regional first and a rematch with FW North. I don’t think Valpo will be challenged until they play Mishawaka in the regional, which they should still win relatively easily. We’ll see if Valpo’s rest and easier path to the semistate pays off.

Out of all the teams I mentioned, I’m actually the most confident in Hobart to get to LOS (though they likely won’t win). I think they match up very well against Leo, East Noble, or Delta, assuming they’ll play one of those teams in the semistate. Their path to the semistate is also very easy, which could give them the opportunity to be rested going in.

I agree Westfield is the team to beat in 6A North, but I do think Merrillville will make it to the semistate to play them, where they will most likely lose.