Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NWI journalism

Every time I read about merrillville they mention all the players transferred from Hammond Morton. Is this relevant or are others upset they got so many talented transfers? Cmon kids should be allowed to go to school anywhere they want, who cares if they transferred.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 11:44 PM, Whiting89 said:

Every time I read about merrillville they mention all the players transferred from Hammond Morton. Is this relevant or are others upset they got so many talented transfers? Cmon kids should be allowed to go to school anywhere they want, who cares if they transferred.

Cheatin’ Publics.....

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2020 at 10:44 PM, Whiting89 said:

Its relevant and its mentioned because its unusual (almost unheard of) that five starters from one school end up at another school.  Not five players. Five starters.  All future college players at some level.  Merrillville has a once-in-a generation team.  But lets be clear.  It is not a knock or a criticism of Merrillville to say they got five transfers.   Two of the boys transferred last summer and the other three moved after the Covid-19 virus shut down Morton's program.  It just happened. One of the 'Morton transfers' is  Jo Jo Johnson, who, its my understanding, was originally at Merrillville as a freshman. When he was at Morton, he was a Merrillville transfer.  Who cares of we mention it?  Its part of the story.

Andrean's QB is a transfer from Illinois.  Valparaiso got an all-state transfer at QB from Jefferson and he is always referred to as Jefferson transfer Max Grimes. . Elkhart is a consolidation of two entire varsity teams. In many senses, half their team is 'transfers'.     It is what it is.

This is a very, very, very unusual year.

• Like 1