Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5a southern most regional. Bhss@Nahs

4 hours ago, Dawgs_Dad said:

No slight taken, however there were 7 kids starting for NA last night that didn’t play in the first meeting. Including Myles Johnson (180 yds rushing and 10 tackles last night) and Dejon Winburn ( 5 rec. for 62 yds). The difference is we had our guys when it mattered.

Panthers were also without their best wr who went out week 5 I believe for the rest of  the season. Which is a recurring theme for bhss football , been this way for a decade at least.  We never finish the season with the starting roster  we came in with.  Championship teams  stay healthy . I Remember the 1990s  probably the most successful decade in bhss history we always  stayed healthy , it is  possible.  All this being said bhs/bhss Panthers always had a pretty even win/loss vs new albany high throughout the last 80 years on the football field . 

Last night NA benefitted from the short field in the second half seemed like alot of their late drives started in panther territory. Couple it with the  south offense not being able to move the ball without their starting 1000 yard back and 1000 yard passing qb and it was all NA.  Congrats on the regional title .  Good luck scoring vs cathedral. I think at one point this season they were a top  25 nationally ranked team. 

29 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I don’t want to hear this injury crap. Floyd Central lost about 10 guys this year due to injuries and lost twice to NA. Never used that as an excuse. NA beat South because Simmons was the best player on the field.

Every year Floyd and Bloomington South have the most injuries of any teams, is South also getting scammed by the strength and conditioning coach? Sounds like maybe something is wrong in that weight program over there if this is a reoccurring theme like MD makes it out to be. 

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Every year Floyd and Bloomington South have the most injuries of any teams, is South also getting scammed by the strength and conditioning coach? Sounds like maybe something is wrong in that weight program over there if this is a reoccurring theme like MD makes it out to be. 

Not making it up , if I had the time to go back and dig through the yearly newspaper articles talking about injuries I would. . . . I don't have an answer as to why. But I mean you can't lose your upperclassmen skill guys and insert sophs and expect the next man up rule to prevail. As for the last guy above that says Simmons was the best player on the field  uh maybe he hasn't seen the mccoullough  that was committed to osu that flipped to iu to play for his dad that got hired as an assistant at iu . Simmons who? @Fkfootball

Edited by MuleDriver
Edit

8 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Not making it up , if I had the time to go back and dig through the yearly newspaper articles talking about injuries I would. . . . I don't have an answer as to why. But I mean you can't lose your upperclassmen skill guys and insert sophs and expect the next man up rule to prevail. As for the last guy above that says Simmons was the best player on the field  uh maybe he hasn't seen the mccoullough  that was committed to osu that flipped to iu to play for his dad that got hired as an assistant at iu . Simmons who? @Fkfootball

I watched McCullough play Friday night. I’m sure he’s a great player and he made a couple of nice plays, but he didn’t have a huge impact on the outcome of the game. Myles Johnson ran for 180 yards and made a pile of tackles playing both ways. Friday night, he was the best player on the field. 
I hope McCullough can help IU defensively, because if teams like Rutgers keep taking them to the wood shed, for sale signs are going up in some coaches yards.

13 hours ago, Dawgs_Dad said:

I watched McCullough play Friday night. I’m sure he’s a great player and he made a couple of nice plays, but he didn’t have a huge impact on the outcome of the game. Myles Johnson ran for 180 yards and made a pile of tackles playing both ways. Friday night, he was the best player on the field. 
I hope McCullough can help IU defensively, because if teams like Rutgers keep taking them to the wood shed, for sale signs are going up in some coaches yards.

A lot of things went Into souths loss. NA deserves credit for the win. I personally feel south was spent . Kids gave too much win their sectional . Didn't have anything left and when the qb n rb went down for South that was it.  I'm not a huge iu fan even tho I have lived in btown most my 40 some odd years. I think Tom Allen was an odd hire and think like any other iu football coach is obvious headed the wrong way.  I think McCullough should've stuck with osu. We will see 

On 11/13/2021 at 11:36 PM, Olympian06 said:

Speaking for FC, we aren’t being scammed by the Strength Coach. Injuries are just bad luck. Which my teams tend to have.

Simmons was the biggest game changer for NA all season. Maybe the player of the year in Southern Indiana. Yes, I know all about Dasan McCullough. Probably a day 1 starter at Indiana.