Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Practice on game fields

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

We have a new turf field and we would like to practice a couple of days a week should we wait until track practice is over or do you think it is ok to go right after school

Go right after school! Small colleges (ones with a track around the field) practice spring ball while track is going on. We will do this as well. They only time we won't is if the baseball and softball fields are too wet, we would alter our plans to allow baseball and softball to use our football field to get a quality practice in since they are in season. You will not get in the way of track practice. 

• Thanks 1

For best results, I say run drills while the lacrosse team is practicing/playing on the field.  No better way to work on elusiveness than dodging a lacrosse ball.  You can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a tackle. 

HEAD ON A SWIVEL!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, billybob said:

We have a new turf field and we would like to practice a couple of days a week should we wait until track practice is over or do you think it is ok to go right after school

I would first suggest looking into what you are allowed to do. There is a limited contact window in the Spring where you can do football stuff. But outside that window, you are limited to strength, conditioning, and agility work, and nothing football specific. 

10 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I would first suggest looking into what you are allowed to do. There is a limited contact window in the Spring where you can do football stuff. But outside that window, you are limited to strength, conditioning, and agility work, and nothing football specific. 

Limited contact starts today and runs through May 14.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, billybob said:

We know the rules and want to make sure this in no way meant to be negative toward football or track just kind off wondered what other people were doing There is plenty of room for all to work out  

I would just want the track guys to have the opportunity to participate if they wanted.  Having it during track would not allow them the opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...