Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WIC Week 3

Welcome to Week 3 in the WIC! I got my record wrong in week 2. I was 8-1, not 9-1. So my overall record is 15-3. Here are the Week 3 games where the WIC really gets into full gear.

Friday, Sep. 2
Brown County at Cloverdale ©, 7 pm
Greencastle at West Vigo ©, 7 pm
Indian Creek at Owen Valley ©, 7 pm
North Putnam at South Putnam ©, 7 pm
Sullivan at Northview ©, 7 pm
Saturday, Sep. 3
Peotone (Ill.) at Edgewood, 2 pm

BC @ Cloverdale - Welp. Not sure who to take here. I'll take BC because they've won this game the last few seasons.

G'Castle @ West Vigo - Both teams have been solid. G'Castle really put it on Attucks in week 1 but not a great opponent to judge results on. WV beat up on PH and the same should be said about them as the Attucks-G'Castle game. Whoever gets their offense humming a bit should win. I'll be a homer and take WV because it's the home opener.

Indian Creek @ OV - This could be game of the week in the conference. Creek is definitely much improved. OV is still OV from last year. OV wins this one though 42-28.

NP @ SP - NP hasn't been the same since Barrett and Carnes. SP has been very good under Sorrell. They've been a power in the WIC the last few seasons. I'll take SP 42-14.

Sullivan @ Northview - Sullivan didn't have their QB last week, not sure if he's playing this week. Northview looks to be the best team in the WIC so far. This game has always been a grudge match. It's a big game for both teams. Northview wins 31-21.

Peotone @ Edgewood - No clue about Peotone. Edgewood hasn't proved much to me yet this year. Beat a struggling Mitchell team and lost big to Monrovia. No clue who to pick. So I'll take Peotone in a close one, 21-14.

• Like 2

Couple interesting matchups this week, hard to know if it will be enough to stir the conversation pot in the WIC.

BC over Cdale- One would hope the Clovers can see a bit of light in this game but BC wins the numbers game. 

WV over GC- Hard for me to like a team in purple and a win at Attucks leaves little to be said, WV might actually be playing like the team they always should have been ill take WV by 14. 

OV over IC- OV had an impressive showing over the Eagles with some size and backs that can lay a beating, IC looks to be much improved and pegs this as the game of the week for me in the WIC. 

SP over NP- The Eagles are poised to bounce back with a vengeance based on their track record and last weeks foleys, NP looks to be improving as the Moores claw out of the hole the program has been dropped in. Eagles 56-14

Northview over Sullivan- The steady and consistent NV club continues the campaign. 28-17

Peotone over Edgewood- lot of question marks here, who is Peotone? Is Edgewood good or not? Which team am i watching bc i cant tell who is who on this crazy red turf? 

• Like 2

No game winners or prognostication just some insight. 

Brown County @ Cloverdale-  This is a really interesting match up.  Coach Lotz's team does some nice things with their new spread attack.  Coach Sample does a great job of schematically attacking defenses.  Brown County also does stuff with their defensive front that can be difficult for spread offenses.  

Greencastle @ West Vigo- Very interesting match up here between coach Clement's offense vs. Coach Meyer's always tough defense.  The team that establishes the run game and field position the best will prevail in this game.  Side note playing at West Vigo is no joke!  One of the more difficult venues to play at as an opposing team.  

Indian Creek @ Owen Valley- The match up will be Coach Gillian's offense vs. Coach Gibson's defense.  The Braves look to be much improved especially on the offensive side of the ball.  Both teams play fast and there could be 180 total offensive/defensive plays on Friday. 

North Putnam @ South Putnam- Watching North Putnam over the summer in person they were very well coached on both sides of the ball.  They have a lot of young guys and they are on the rise for sure.  South Putnam plays physical and fast. Those boys will hit you.  Look for the Eagles run the ball much more this week and find success with Switzer, Crickmore and maybe some designed runs for Mullin.  

Sullivan at Northview- This has been a very good game in the past. Hopefully both teams are at full strength and the fans see a great game again.  What impact will the loss of Coach Powell have on this game?  Northview looks to be very stout in the defensive front 7.  Will Northview have to be a more balanced run/pass attack on offense to be successful vs. that big Sullivan defensive front?  

• Like 1

Peotone (1-0)

Nickname: Blue Devils

Head Coach: Apostolos Tsiamas

Previous Record: 5-5

Classification Enrollment: 472.00

MaxPreps schedule & stats

Date Time Result Score Opp.
Score
OT H/A Opponent Opp.
Record
Opp.
Enroll.
Other Site/Game Info
Aug 26 7:00 W 48 16   A Rantoul 0-1 772.00  
Sep 3 1:00         A Ellettsville (Edgewood), IN 1-1    
Sep 9 7:00         A Manteno 0-1 648.50  
Sep 16 7:00         H Wilmington 1-0 413.00  
Sep 23 7:00         H Braidwood (Reed-Custer) 1-0 468.00  
Sep 30 7:00         A Streator (Twp.) 1-0 839.50  
Oct 7 7:00         H Coal City 0-1 675.00  
Oct 14 7:00         A Herscher 1-0 504.50  
Oct 21 7:00         H Lisle (Sr.) 1-0 454.50  

for those wondering who Peotone is,  they went 5-5 last yeare, playing mostly 3A/2A sized schools for Indiana's sizes.

23 hours ago, WIC Guy 97 said:

No game winners or prognostication just some insight. 

Brown County @ Cloverdale-  This is a really interesting match up.  Coach Lotz's team does some nice things with their new spread attack.  Coach Sample does a great job of schematically attacking defenses.  Brown County also does stuff with their defensive front that can be difficult for spread offenses.  

Greencastle @ West Vigo- Very interesting match up here between coach Clement's offense vs. Coach Meyer's always tough defense.  The team that establishes the run game and field position the best will prevail in this game.  Side note playing at West Vigo is no joke!  One of the more difficult venues to play at as an opposing team.  

Indian Creek @ Owen Valley- The match up will be Coach Gillian's offense vs. Coach Gibson's defense.  The Braves look to be much improved especially on the offensive side of the ball.  Both teams play fast and there could be 180 total offensive/defensive plays on Friday. 

North Putnam @ South Putnam- Watching North Putnam over the summer in person they were very well coached on both sides of the ball.  They have a lot of young guys and they are on the rise for sure.  South Putnam plays physical and fast. Those boys will hit you.  Look for the Eagles run the ball much more this week and find success with Switzer, Crickmore and maybe some designed runs for Mullin.  

Sullivan at Northview- This has been a very good game in the past. Hopefully both teams are at full strength and the fans see a great game again.  What impact will the loss of Coach Powell have on this game?  Northview looks to be very stout in the defensive front 7.  Will Northview have to be a more balanced run/pass attack on offense to be successful vs. that big Sullivan defensive front?  

Coming to the game tonight? Thanks for your insight btw. Need more WIC fans on here.

Scores from Week 3 in the WIC

Friday, Sep. 2
Cloverdale 29, Brown County 27 ©
Greencastle 46, West Vigo 14 ©
Northview 28, Sullivan 7 ©
Owen Valley 41, Indian Creek 39, OT ©
South Putnam 52, North Putnam 20 ©
Saturday, Sep. 3
Peotone (Ill.) 26, Edgewood 25

Not a bad week. Went 4-2. So now I'm 19-5 overall. Got some big ones in week 4.