Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MONON BELL 2022

Midline

🐯 D3 football at its best! 
Both DePauw and Wabash are entering the 🔔 game with the NCAC outright title, the Bell and a playoff birth on the Line!! North Central HSs Outstanding QB Liam Thompson Leads the nation in almost every possible passing category!  Depauw Defense is tough and has held 4 opponents scoreless! If you haven’t been to a bell game you are missing something special!!! 

• Thanks 1

My daughter is a Depauw alum. Been to this game several times. Love everything about this game, including the rich history of Bell heists. My favorite is “Operation Frijoles,” which has to be one of the greatest college pranks in history. https://www.wabash.edu/news/story/3071

First went to the Bell game in November 1969 as a high school senior.

I hate that it would appear that I am the only Little Giant to appear on the thread, but I would agree with @vanhalenfor6; this game is everything. This year the game is also for the NCAC title and a playoff birth but even that doesn't matter. It's always been said that you could lose every game but if you win the Bell game it doesn't matter. 

It looks like it will be a great day for football, a bit chilly and overcast. Both teams are obviously very solid, but it will be interesting to see what Wabash can scheme up against a very good DePauw defense. I looked at the game notes today and it very much appears to be strength on strength. Statistically, the Little Giants are better on the road, but their early season home match up against North Central skews that a bit. I heard that DPU's starting QB went down earlier in the season with an injury but returned for a few snaps last week.

Operation Frijoles. The Mud Bowl. The Catch. DePauw blew a 21-0 lead. Just a few of the classics.

DePauw to Hell,

Let's keep the Bell,

Go Wabash!

And, as always,

Wabash Always Fights!

This game feels in a way like the inverse of the 2010 Bell Game. DePauw came in with a high powered offense and Wabash had struggled a bit, but we came out and absolutely DOMINATED from start to finish in a 47-0 shutout. Similar feel here: Wabash's offense had really been clicking coming in to today but has never really gotten going. Credit to DePauw, Rakestraw just pointed out on the broadcast that its been 25 years since a performance like this from them.  Hope the boys in white take a long look at the celebration and a long look in the mirror after this one and let it burn for 365...

Wabash Always Fights!

2 minutes ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

Really Bob? After that beat down that's the best you could come up with? I mean, you have more class than the DPU student section did today, but still... 

Actually, I was texting with my daughter about the game. She’s the one who came up with that.