Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Conference Indiana 2022

Who is the favorite and what are some things to look for this upcoming season in Conference Indiana? Is there a chance at a state title in the future for this conference?

Used to be regarded as one of the best in the whole state. Now lots of talk about the future of this conference. What is on the horizon? Potentially departures? Potential adding of schools?

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

Who is the favorite and what are some things to look for this upcoming season in Conference Indiana? Is there a chance at a state title in the future for this conference?

Used to be regarded as one of the best in the whole state. Now lots of talk about the future of this conference. What is on the horizon? Potentially departures? Potential adding of schools?

Who would they add?

5 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Yeah I think you meant 2023.

11 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

There is a potential for Tech. They definitely need a place to go in a year. 

That’s who I was thinking.  The travel in Conference Indiana isn’t much better than the NCC, but Tech will be looking for a home if they don’t fulfill their dream of ending up in the MIC.  I’m not sure how the Bloomington schools and Columbus North would feel about adding Tech.  Southport would probably welcome Tech since they are close, and the Terre Haute schools should be open to anyone joining just so the conference stays alive.  I don’t think any of the Mid-State Conference schools would see Conference Indiana as a greener pasture.

Edited by HoopsCoach

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach said:

That’s who I was thinking.  The travel in Conference Indiana isn’t much better than the NCC, but Tech will be looking for a home if they don’t fulfill their dream of ending up in the MIC.  I’m not sure how the Bloomington schools and Columbus North would feel about adding Tech.  Southport would probably welcome Tech since they are close, and the Terre Haute schools should be open to anyone joining just so the conference stays alive.  I don’t think any of the Mid-State Conference schools would see Conference Indiana as a greener pasture.

Mid state is a better conference. I would feel some of those conference Indiana schools would love a shot to join mid state. 

I believe all schools would be fine with tech joining. They need to add schools for scheduling purposes. Especially football. Going from 6 to 7 would definitely help. Columbus East potentially if they ever get tired of their opponents, but I feel that is a super long shot.