Elkhart at Penn ©, 7 pm
Glenn at Knox, 7:30 pm
New Prairie at St. Joseph ©, 7:30 pm
Adams at Marian ©, 7 pm
Clay at South Bend Washington ©, 7 pm
Riley at Indianapolis Washington, 7:30 pm

Bremen - Jimtown - an interesting match up  

Elkhart - Penn used to be talked about but Penn this year should dominate

Glenn - Know  - Knox is undefeated and Glenn is coming off beating Jimtown  - home team the favorite

NP - SJ - This will be a measuring stick of where the SJ program has progressed to.  Hard to tell after past 3 weeks.  SJ D has to come to play.  Seems NP is improving as well.  This could be an interesting game

Adams - Marian - Surprise will be if the Knights do not win after seeing Adams last week

Clay - SB Wash - Which team will come out and play and avoid mistakes

Riley - Indy Wash - Expect another Riley win could be big based on who they have played

Bremen at Jimtown - I feel like every game Bremen has played in the last 3 seasons has been a close one. I don't expect this one to be any different. I'm thinking Jimmies in a squeaker. 

Elkhart at Penn  - A waste of the "game of the week". Penn easily. 

Glenn at Knox - This is a way more intriguing match up that I wish the 46 crew would highlight. 2 coaches with a lot of wins trying to build something at smaller schools. I'll take the redskins 

New Prairie at St. Joseph - St. Joe showing some positive signs but their SOS is horrible. This game will be a good measuring stick to where St. Joe is this year. Still think NP wins here. Since the turn of the century NP is 10-1 against the Indians. 

Adams at Marian - Marian has played a killer schedule for a 3A to start the year. Adams with a pretty bad performance last week. Knights get the "W"

Clay at South Bend Washington - Panthers

Riley at Indianapolis Washington - Riley easily

Bremen at Jimtown -This one is going to be a toss up. Bremen's only time rushing over 100 yards was against a Triton team being held together by glue last week. They've thrown over 1000 yards this season 650 of those yards against South Central and Triton. Jimtown for some reason hasn't posted any stats. 75 out of their 124 PF this season came in one game against the mighty team North of Baugo Creek Osceola Grace. If Bremen can find success in the air and slow down Jimtowns run game like everyone else has. Bremen can take this one 21-14. If Jimtown can trap it's way through Bremens defense. Jimtown takes it 21-14

Elkhart at Penn-  Penn takes this one. Elkhart is irrelevant this year and a major disappointment. Nothing more to say. 

Glenn at Knox- I'm taking Glenn in this one. Sure Knox is 4-0...but, Culver 56-8 (0-4), Winamac 42-0 (0-4?), North Judson 22-18??? and Judson was winning in the 3rd. Question is can Knox stop the pass, especially with Glenn getting Larkin back this past week. Glenn 24- Knox 7

New Prairie at St. Joseph- St. Joe hasn't impressed me they had 27 points on FWS in the first half. The same FWS team Carrol put 36 on in the first quarter. A team that's 0-24? or more in the past 3 seasons. They played a Washington team that allowed not 1 but 4 blocked punts in a single game. New Prairie is a run heavy team and Lakeland rushed for over 250 yards. Don't know about St. Joe's defense coming to play...New Prairie 35- SJ 14
Adams at Marian- Marian has the better QB, Defense has some holes in the secondary. BJ threw fror 359 yards and 5 TDS. Can the Eagles find a little success in the air? Their run game has been non-existent.  Marian 36- Adams 7
Clay at South Bend Washington- If Clay has any chance at putting a win in the column this season. This is their last chance.  Wash gets closer to its yearly average win total. Wash 40 Clay 14

Riley at Indy Wash- Riley put away Clay within the first 6 seconds of the game. Indy Wash 2-2 looks hosts a Riley offense that has rushed for over 800 yards and has 13 TDS on the ground. Riley's Defense has allowed only 403 yards of offense in 4 games. 173 Yards on the ground and 203 in the air. Riley 50 Indy Wash 6.

On 9/10/2023 at 2:49 PM, npcougar15 said:

Elkhart at Penn  - A waste of the "game of the week". Penn easily. 

Is this really the 46 game of the week?

Yeah, when you have the Northwood v Warsaw game and the NP v St. Joe game could easily be more entertaining. 

I hope this game goes much smoother than the last couple outings v Elkhart

On 9/10/2023 at 2:23 PM, ASJCPUMA said:

Friday, Sep. 15
Bremen at Jimtown ©, 7 pm: Bremen, Bremen, Bremen... Probably going to be Jimtown, but one can hope. 
Elkhart at Penn ©, 7 pm: I hope Penn wins in the first half. 
Glenn at Knox, 7:30 pm: Glenn wins a close game away from home.
New Prairie at St. Joseph ©, 7:30 pm: I think this will be a dog fight, but NP comes away with a tight win. 
Adams at Marian ©, 7 pm: Marian, because it is at home. 
Clay at South Bend Washington ©, 7 pm: Washington gets a win last week....but can they over come the mighty colonials...
Riley at Indianapolis Washington, 7:30 pm: Riley has an explosive offense, may be their best challenge yet this year. 

7 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Is this really the 46 game of the week?

Yeah, when you have the Northwood v Warsaw game and the NP v St. Joe game could easily be more entertaining. 

I hope this game goes much smoother than the last couple outings v Elkhart

Yup. The crew does a GREAT job of broadcasting, but honestly I'm pretty salty NP doesn't get featured for a single game this season. They have arguably been the most successful program in the area the last decade and by far the most successful the past handful of years. This year they feature Laville, Bremen, Riley, Adams, Concord, Edwardsburg, Warsaw, Elkhart, Northwood, Mishawaka (x2), Penn (x2), Niles (x2), Northridge (x2). The crew is getting repetitive with who they feature and gravitate towards Mishawaka (they've covered them 5 games the last 2 years), Penn, Warsaw, and Northridge - I'm sure it's viewership related. But why not feature NP vs. Laporte, Knox vs. North Judson, Tippy Valley vs. Rochester, Jimtown vs. Concord, Glenn vs. Jimtown, etc. 

39 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

Yup. The crew does a GREAT job of broadcasting, but honestly I'm pretty salty NP doesn't get featured for a single game this season. They have arguably been the most successful program in the area the last decade and by far the most successful the past handful of years. This year they feature Laville, Bremen, Riley, Adams, Concord, Edwardsburg, Warsaw, Elkhart, Northwood, Mishawaka (x2), Penn (x2), Niles (x2), Northridge (x2). The crew is getting repetitive with who they feature and gravitate towards Mishawaka (they've covered them 5 games the last 2 years), Penn, Warsaw, and Northridge - I'm sure it's viewership related. But why not feature NP vs. Laporte, Knox vs. North Judson, Tippy Valley vs. Rochester, Jimtown vs. Concord, Glenn vs. Jimtown, etc. 

The Penn v NP game has been nail biters every time Penn goes to NP....I expect that to be similar this year.  That is a great game to broadcast. 

That is a shame. 

NP/St. Joe was a pretty entertaining game. St. Joe has come a long way and is getting back to where they should be. 2 contrasting styles. NP couldn't stop STJ quick hit passing attack while the cougars basically were running at will all night long. NP only attempted 4 passes all night and STJ probably was under 40 yard rushing. The Indians have some nice athletes once they get the bal in their hands and can make some plays.

Can anyone give a rundown of the Penn/Elkhart? Surprised it was 0-0 at halftime.

8 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

NP/St. Joe was a pretty entertaining game. St. Joe has come a long way and is getting back to where they should be. 2 contrasting styles. NP couldn't stop STJ quick hit passing attack while the cougars basically were running at will all night long. NP only attempted 4 passes all night and STJ probably was under 40 yard rushing. The Indians have some nice athletes once they get the bal in their hands and can make some plays.

Can anyone give a rundown of the Penn/Elkhart? Surprised it was 0-0 at halftime.

Penn 100% was flat and lacked emotion on Offense.  I will give credit to both teams on Defense, both units played with heart and emotion.  I think Penn was finally able to make the adjustments that were needed to move the ball. They got Nolan out of the pocket moving to his right and was able to connect on some 20 yard passes. Once they lifted the lid off the D, Penn was able to run the ball down the hear of the Elkhart D. Coaches need to identify these things faster during the beginning of a game. Elkhart would hold back on 1st and 2nd down then bring the pressure on 3rd, especially if Penn was in 3rd and long. Also Penn needs to eliminate their zone plays. They run down hill very well and can kill you with a read option. 

It was an ugly half for the Penn O, but they figured it out at the half. If Penn had played well in the first half this would have been a blow out, but again credit to Elkhart D for their great effort. 

Edited by BLACKGOLD2007

New Prairie 29  St Joe 26 - it was an interesting high school game.  St. joe could not stop the NP QB and he ran well and sure he had 20 yrs. rushing or so it seemed.  NP took down the SJ running game  which meant SJ had to pass the ball a lot and they did.  The NP pass defense seemed to be on their toes all night.  I will say this there were some strange calls by the refs and ball placement that had my head shaking. The crew seemed like they had not worked together  but let's just say strange.

St. Joe did fumble at the NP 3 yd. line in the 4th qrt. which would have made it a possible wild ending. Plus a key penalty on a NP punt did not help.  But in the end NP won the game.  NP is a good team but not where they were last year at this time in my view.

21 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

New Prairie 29  St Joe 26 - it was an interesting high school game.  St. joe could not stop the NP QB and he ran well and sure he had 20 yrs. rushing or so it seemed.  NP took down the SJ running game  which meant SJ had to pass the ball a lot and they did.  The NP pass defense seemed to be on their toes all night.  I will say this there were some strange calls by the refs and ball placement that had my head shaking. The crew seemed like they had not worked together  but let's just say strange.

St. Joe did fumble at the NP 3 yd. line in the 4th qrt. which would have made it a possible wild ending. Plus a key penalty on a NP punt did not help.  But in the end NP won the game.  NP is a good team but not where they were last year at this time in my view.

I think that the officials have been all over the place in our games. Flag happy, to just not calling anything. Heck we had a ref that throw a flag and wait it felt like minutes to make the call. It is just strange the inconsistency and antics from some of these guys. But, it is easy to criticize from the stands.