Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 5

2 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

Does each team still play with 11 players?  Asking for a friend.

You do have the largest 2A school playing a lot of the smallest football schools, even though Seeger is 2A as well (they are the 4th smallest 2A and seem to bounce back and forth to 1A).

Would you say North Vermillion with an enrollment ranking 309th is at a disadvantage?  They seem to compete pretty well and don't make excuses.

IDK did you guys even have 11 guys come out this year?

#trojans 

4 minutes ago, CHUMPS88 said:

IDK did you guys even have 11 guys come out this year?

#trojans 

You guys?  I'm a Sheridan Blackhawks follower.  They have plenty of boys on their team this year.

I'm an Attica native with an old Seeger helmet for my picture, plus some family that played for FC.  That's the only connection I still have to that area, besides some friends from long ago.

My only experience with Covington is the 1979 and 1980 seasons when we gave them a pretty sound thumping to open the season.

5 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

I'm a Hamilton County boy now.  The ladies in this part of the state are hotter than a fox in a forest fire.  They are not impressed with Zimas and inflatable pools.

I believe Coach King played on the state champion Tippy Valley team in 1979 that defeated Hamilton SE.  He was #50, a C-LB.

Listen hot moms like me are not impressed by Zimas and inflatable pools, but that's just what we get in this part of the state. Beggars can't be choosers. It's either good WRC football or high class stable pools. We can't have both. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ballhawk said:

Does each team still play with 11 players?  Asking for a friend.

You do have the largest 2A school playing a lot of the smallest football schools, even though Seeger is 2A as well (they are the 4th smallest 2A and seem to bounce back and forth to 1A).

Would you say North Vermillion with an enrollment ranking 309th is at a disadvantage?  They seem to compete pretty well and don't make excuses.

Nobody is making excuses Hawks. It’s just kinda funny reading how awesome they are playing all smaller schools.

2nd and foremost how does this help them in week 10? Your ode school played up to prepare them, right?

And if those Hamilton county chics don’t like Zimas they probably don’t eat frog legs or crawdads either. 

On 9/13/2023 at 12:59 PM, Ballhawk said:

Finally, I can't believe this Lucy Draper is a real person.  If there was a female in Fountain, Parke, Vermillion or Warren Counties that hot, she'd look like 100 miles of US 41 by now.  Can't be real.

Now you listen here Mr. Ballhawk, you can keep your love bugs to yourself!!! One of my sorority sisters caught a bad case of love bugs in college. We had to sanitize everything in our sorority house!! It was super icky!!! 🤮 

Also, I'm sure @royalf00tball is just as MILF-tastic as me!! 🔥🔥 Us women run the show around these parts!! 💪 💪 There is a reason why my sons' friends do not want to leave our house even after he goes to bed!! I have to run them all off!! 🤣 🤣

Now for my picks for the week. I am basing my picks heavily on what my son and his friends have told me at our house this week.

Fountain Central will beat Attica because Rambler Dan just doesn't have very many football players anymore! 🐴 🐎 🍆

The MIGHTY Riverton Parke Panthers will beat North Vermillion because the Falcons are not that good this year! 😻 They have lost 2 games out of 4 already and the Panthers won the game last year between these two! 😻

Seeger will beat Parke Heritage but it will be a closer game than what people are expecting! 🇺🇸

South Vermillion will beat Covington because the Tigers have too much talent to lose! 🐯

Sadly, I think this is the last week for our pool to be open!! 🥶Zimas all around for the last pool weekend!!!! 😪 At least we still have the hot tub and sauna!!! 😅

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wildcat Willy said:

No, no, no, Chumps.  Fear not!  Wildcats Willy is here!  I'm just laying low and getting a chuckle from all of the SV haters and their comments about "1A dominance," visors, Italians, and spray tans.  Donnie, do you understand we just play the games on the schedule and don't have the opportunity to cherry-pick smaller schools?

Fountain Central winning against Attica

North Vermillion big over RP

Seeger beating Parke Heritage

South Vermillion and Covington... do you even need to ask?  Give me them 'Cats, baby!

Wildcat Willy.... I drove over an hour last Saturday night to watch your 2A (almost 3A) wildcats take on the Falcons. After the game was over i quickly realized there was no parade planned, no spaghetti ( only cold hot dogs at the south end zone), and that spray tans were something they do in private.  Yikes!  Anyhow as i predicted the Wildcats will continue to roll the 1A WRC with their sights set on a rematch with the Linton Miners in Sectionals.  As a famous movie quote goes "The Miners will forever remember the night they played the Wildcats!" 

2 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Excuses are the opium of the weak and entitled.

Does an enrollment of 213 present some challenges? Sure. Does anyone feel sorry for NV? No. Doesn’t matter, work harder.

16 minutes ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Excuses are the opium of the weak and entitled.

Does an enrollment of 213 present some challenges? Sure. Does anyone feel sorry for NV? No. Doesn’t matter, work harder.

I heard Home School Academy out of Terre Haute is joining the WRC in 24. I bet the CATS will demolish them with their 1a dominance. I might just send my kid down to Clinton next year and let him get a spray tan.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Nobody is making excuses Hawks. It’s just kinda funny reading how awesome they are playing all smaller schools.

2nd and foremost how does this help them in week 10? Your ode school played up to prepare them, right?

And if those Hamilton county chics don’t like Zimas they probably don’t eat frog legs or crawdads either. 

In preseason, we scrimmaged against 4A Southport, 4A Terre Haute North (twice), 4A Terre Haute South, and 3A Northview (twice).  We beat 3A West Vigo handily.  Does that mean the Wildcats are going to walk to a state title?  No, certainly not.  We are going to have some bumps in the road.  We proved that against Sullivan.  But do we take opportunities to "play up" to prepare for the long haul?  Absolutely.  Until then, we'll play whoever is on the schedule next.  I am proud of them and I like our chances.  

Wildcats for the win. baby!

6 minutes ago, Wildcat Willy said:

In preseason, we scrimmaged against 4A Southport, 4A Terre Haute North (twice), 4A Terre Haute South, and 3A Northview (twice).  We beat 3A West Vigo handily.  Does that mean the Wildcats are going to walk to a state title?  No, certainly not.  We are going to have some bumps in the road.  We proved that against Sullivan.  But do we take opportunities to "play up" to prepare for the long haul?  Absolutely.  Until then, we'll play whoever is on the schedule next.  I am proud of them and I like our chances.  

Wildcats for the win. baby!

I'm not one to normally argue... especially behind a screen online because that is pointless... BUT

"playing up" for pre-season scrimmages and playing teams like West Vigo and Sullivan the first two weeks of the season is not what most would consider "playing up" when the 'Cats can manhandle almost the rest of the conference. 

Just a thought.... but I'm also JUST a helpless princess who thinks visors are classy with minimal football knowledge... so take that however you want.

Edited by royalf00tball
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, royalf00tball said:

I'm not one to normally argue... especially behind a screen online because that is pointless... BUT

"playing up" for pre-season scrimmages and playing teams like West Vigo and Sullivan the first two weeks of the season is not what most would consider "playing up" when the 'Cats can manhandle almost the rest of the conference. 

Just a thought.... but I'm also JUST a helpless princess with minimal football knowledge... so take that however you want.

I think I get your point, but... Can we hang with THN and THS?  At least some scrimmages we can.  Is our coaching staff going to set up scrimmages against Ben Davis and Warren Central?  No...we would get slaughtered and risk injuring players.  Playing up within reason and being reckless are two different things.

As for a "helpless princess," those are your words, not mine.   I've seen your previous posts.  To me, it looks like you are pretty knowledgeable and appear to be well connected.  You're not a helpless princess; you're a warrior.