Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DumfriesYMCA

Packers 2019

Recommended Posts

I’ve seen that I’m not the only Green Bay fan on the forum so figured I should make a thread and not talk packers on da bearz thread. 

 

I also just happen to live in Green Bay about a mile from Lambeau, so if any of you make the venture north I would be happy to point ya to the good food and possibly grab a few brews with ya.

 

talking points currently:

packers defense very good....packers offense very bad.  Usually it’s the exact opposite 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give AR-12 time.

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’ve seen that I’m not the only Green Bay fan on the forum so figured I should make a thread and not talk packers on da bearz thread. 

 

I also just happen to live in Green Bay about a mile from Lambeau, so if any of you make the venture north I would be happy to point ya to the good food and possibly grab a few brews with ya.

 

talking points currently:

packers defense very good....packers offense very bad.  Usually it’s the exact opposite 

Go to Kroll’s much?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Gipper said:

 

Go to Kroll’s much?

Not often but only krolls west. Lol. 

 

Tbh the only thing I go on the east side of the river for is Chinese food. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Give AR-12 time.

Go to Kroll’s much?

Kroll’s was a regular stop for us when we went up to visit family every Summer, a d a couple of Winters. Great memories. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Packers vs Vikings this week. Looking to go 2-0 on the division.

 

keys to the game:

1) attack Cousins. Force him to be sloppy and fumble 

2) contain the run. The smiths did an excellent job of forcing things back inside this past week and we will need that again

3) establish adams early and make sure all receiving options are on the same page with Rodgers. Vikings destroyed the falcons because they weren’t on the same page with the WRs and the WRs stopped in a middle of a route or didn’t anticipate enough. Vikings DBs especially Harris reaped the rewards 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:02 PM, Irishman said:

Kroll’s was a regular stop for us when we went up to visit family every Summer, a d a couple of Winters. Great memories. 

Been going to Kroll's for years, but Wisconsin has something even better: the Supper club...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Been going to Kroll's for years, but Wisconsin has something even better: the Supper club...

YESSSSSSSS. I have visited a few in different parts. Gotta love a place where the bar is bigger than the restaurant because the wait is so long. And the servings are HUGE. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gipper said:

Been going to Kroll's for years, but Wisconsin has something even better: the Supper club...

 

42 minutes ago, Irishman said:

YESSSSSSSS. I have visited a few in different parts. Gotta love a place where the bar is bigger than the restaurant because the wait is so long. And the servings are HUGE. 

Oh man.  I’m still young being only 24....but I remember going to the fawn supper club between two rivers and Manitowoc a lot as a kid before it closed down.  

 

Because i had moved to Indiana for middle school and high school and have only been back in Wisconsin the last 4 years I had totally forgot about supper clubs until you guys just mentioned it.  Too occupied by fish fry Friday’s and the farmers market I guess lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prime Rib, perch, beer, old-fashioneds, go to any Wisconsin town (I like Altona and  Schwarz's in New Holstein) and you'll findsomething great!

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how this thread started as football but quickly went to what packer fans really care about.....good food and beer 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I love how this thread started as football but quickly went to what packer fans really care about.....good food and beer 

And I'm cool with that....

But the game against Minnesota Should be a good one.  GB will need to score a lot more than 10, though...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the packers will put up 21-35 points this week. The difference between the bears defense and the Vikings defense is about a mile and overall the Vikings don’t have as good fo LBs which should help the pack establish a run game. I would like to see Aaron Jones line up in the slot though against them. I think he possesses that ability to line up there and perform well. 

 

Definitely need to attack the linebackers this week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gipper said:

Prime Rib, perch, beer, old-fashioneds, go to any Wisconsin town (I like Altona and  Schwarz's in New Holstein) and you'll findsomething great!

Dude, I was just going to mention Schwarz'. I have been to the one in St. Ann. IU has an alumni camp in Elkhart Lake that I used to help work, and we would make the trip just for Schwarz'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Irishman said:

Dude, I was just going to mention Schwarz'. I have been to the one in St. Ann. IU has an alumni camp in Elkhart Lake that I used to help work, and we would make the trip just for Schwarz'. 

A couple of my clients swear by it.  I was just up there for a golf outing and was hoping to go there, but the wait was 2 hours long!  Elkhart Lake is an amazing place, the Osthof is an amazing hotel.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first 3 drives were as impressive as anything we have seen from this team in years. The defense is legit though. They were on the field a LOT, and held that offense to 16 points....impressive. I liked seeing pressure put on Cousins. Not sure what happened to the offense as the game wore on though. The first drives, Rodgers was firing lasers, but it was a mix of deep routes and underneath routes. The running game was solid as well. On a side note, I do think there was some obvious tension between Rodgers and LeFleur. The offense has a lot of work to do. I could not see what was happening in the secondary, but Rodgers was holding the ball way too long. Was it good coverage? if so, there is a LOT of work to do. They got away from throwing underneath as the game went on as well. A hallmark of the Homgren era was "just move the chains" would still work in today's game. 

One final observation; there were a LOT of flags thrown against both teams. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was that one part where Rodgers was walking down the sideline towards lafluer and it seemed he was yelling at him.  It was a great win for the team but agreed that we started out hot and then fizzeled the rest of the game. 

 

Big ups for an actual run game we had but the passing game is not as smooth as I would like it 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...