Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Warm-up music and/or music in general played at games

ColumbusColt

I've recently started announcing high school athletics and of course the student-athletes love music to be played before games and during games.  Most kids seemed to be in-tune with Rap music, but I can not figure out how to play that type of music without it being inappropriate because of the language.   Most, if not all rap music, is labeled explicit. Just look at iTunes!   I can usually never find clean versions, and if I do, the clean version BARLEY blanks out the bad word.    Does anyone know of a service or suggestions on how to play up to date music, but abide by general decency rules.    Thanks for the help in advance....

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

We tell our kids up front, no foul language in it, and no songs about explicit things. They know where to find the “cleaner” stuff. I think if the standard is clearly explained, most will figure it out. 

So "Jack and Diane" would be out.   That was a staple in the pre-game locker room during my ancient playing days.

On 9/27/2019 at 2:09 PM, Muda69 said:

So "Jack and Diane" would be out.   That was a staple in the pre-game locker room during my ancient playing days.

I also think it's a double standard. There are a lot of songs we listened to back in the day that were explicit and maybe not so subtle. Pour Some Sugar on Me is one that comes to mind. I'm sure there are many others. Some of the rap and hip hop music is just more direct but is it really any different?

2 hours ago, JustRules said:

I also think it's a double standard. There are a lot of songs we listened to back in the day that were explicit and maybe not so subtle. Pour Some Sugar on Me is one that comes to mind. I'm sure there are many others. Some of the rap and hip hop music is just more direct but is it really any different?

I have said that for years as well. Aerosmith has a few songs that apply as well.