Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC Power Poll Week 4

1.   Dwenger - Defense wins championships. Enough said.          Side note.........probably a bit better than their #125 ranking by Sagarin. 

2.   Carroll - One of the most prolific offenses in state. But will it be enough to overcome some of their defensive deficiencies? It may take a Dwenger or a Merrillville to answer that question. 

3.   North Side - Turnovers and holding penalties were the difference against Carroll. Clean those things up and they can play with anyone up north. 

4.   Snider - They make a big jump this week after changing quarterbacks and the addition of a D1 caliber defensive lineman who was ineligible until now. 

5.   Homestead - Didn't see a 25 point blowout of Bishop Luers coming. Is their new quarterback finding his rhythm? 

6.   Wayne - The Generals just keep getting better. That shouldn't surprise anyone. Haydock is a good coach and we all know that there is talent at that school. 

7.   Northrop - The Bruins are a good football team, make no mistake. But the SAC is deep this year. The 9th best team can compete with most teams north of Indy. 

8.  Luers - Trying to predict 4-9 is a crapshoot. This week I have Luers at 8. That could easily change in the upcoming weeks. I thought they were better than their blowout loss against Homestead. 

9.   Concordia - Until they are healthy and playing at full strength, this is where they land. When it's all said and done, they will make a deep run in 3a.

10. South Side - Still working on getting better. 

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

1.   Dwenger - Defense wins championships. Enough said.          Side note.........probably a bit better than their #125 ranking by Sagarin. 

2.   Carroll - One of the most prolific offenses in state. But will it be enough to overcome some of their defensive deficiencies? It may take a Dwenger or a Merrillville to answer that question. 

3.   North Side - Turnovers and holding penalties were the difference against Carroll. Clean those things up and they can play with anyone up north. 

4.   Snider - They make a big jump this week after changing quarterbacks and the addition of a D1 caliber defensive lineman who was ineligible until now. 

5.   Homestead - Didn't see a 25 point blowout of Bishop Luers coming. Is their new quarterback finding his rhythm? 

6.   Wayne - The Generals just keep getting better. That shouldn't surprise anyone. Haydock is a good coach and we all know that there is talent at that school. 

7.   Northrop - The Bruins are a good football team, make no mistake. But the SAC is deep this year. The 9th best team can compete with most teams north of Indy. 

8.  Luers - Trying to predict 4-9 is a crapshoot. This week I have Luers at 8. That could easily change in the upcoming weeks. I thought they were better than their blowout loss against Homestead. 

9.   Concordia - Until they are healthy and playing at full strength, this is where they land. When it's all said and done, they will make a deep run in 3a.

I agree that Concordia is just a place holder at the 9 spot. They have key players out, once they get healthy, they will get back into the top 5. I'm beginning to wonder about South Side, it been 10 years since the have had winning record. Just wondering why the program struggles so much??

32 minutes ago, BTF said:

So Luers is two spots behind a team they beat by two td's a weeks ago on the road.

1 hour ago, jakone said:

So Luers is two spots behind a team they beat by two td's a weeks ago on the road.

Take 4-9 with a grain of salt. It's hard placing those schools. I looked at Luers losing to Homestead by 25 a week after Concordia only lost to them by 7. Improvement played a part in my ranking of Wayne. They are a work in progress. 

Much respect for the Luers program, I hope they prove me wrong in the upcoming weeks. 

11 hours ago, BTF said:

Take 4-9 with a grain of salt. It's hard placing those schools. I looked at Luers losing to Homestead by 25 a week after Concordia only lost to them by 7. Improvement played a part in my ranking of Wayne. They are a work in progress. 

Much respect for the Luers program, I hope they prove me wrong in the upcoming weeks. 

They won't