Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DTs Dandy Dozen - 12 Questions for Region Football Fans

Guest DT

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

2013 Andrean (15-0)....Coach Phil Mason

2014 Rensselaer Central Bombers. (15-0) ..... Coach Chris Meeks 

I mean in 2014, we had USA-365.com covering us (still do, I read weekly). NWI Times,  Post Tribune, PFR, Region Sports Network that would also do some pub, but NO RSN Top 10 as there was some staunch disagreement amongst staff on the legalities of allowing us to be even considered. 🙂

We were the darlings of the "region" in 2014......   Based on all the non stop news cycle that came our way. 

Geographically speaking, correct, we are not, however, we are about 12 miles South of Kankakee Valley, only difference is we play our conference games South in Lafayette area, while KV plays North in NCC.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

2014 Rensselaer Central Bombers. (15-0) ..... Coach Chris Meeks 

I mean in 2014, we had USA-365.com covering us (still do, I read weekly). NWI Times,  Post Tribune, PFR, Region Sports Network that would also do some pub, but NO RSN Top 10 as there was some staunch disagreement amongst staff on the legalities of allowing us to be even considered. 🙂

We were the darlings of the "region" in 2014......   Based on all the non stop news cycle that came our way. 

Geographically speaking, correct, we are not, however, we are about 12 miles South of Kankakee Valley, only difference is we play our conference games South in Lafayette area, while KV plays North in NCC.   

Sorry coach, I just said the first thing that popped into my head. I should have known better.

You ARE in the 'region'.  Newton and Jasper Counties are home to the 'OGs' (original gangsters) of region football.

Y'all were playing ball before there was a KV (or a Munster or Merrillville or Lake Central)

(and as soon as you start up that series with Lowell again, I'll be heading down your way some Friday.!)

Rensselaer high school =- 2.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I would love too!!!   When I played for the Bombers, we were still part of the NWHC, had some sports battles with Coach Hudak of Wheeler, both in football and Basketball.   

Been playing since 1898, earned program win #600 last year vs Tipton.   

Nobody wanted to play you back then.  Talk about 'old school' 
The defense gave up an average of one point a game?. 
Monticello is Twin Lakes, right? 
Kentland is South Newton.
What is Attica now? 

1927 Rensselaer (7-0,0-0) 
 -----------------------------------------------
 Sep 24   LOWELL................. 26-0  W     
 Oct 01   at Attica.............. 12-7  W       
 Oct 08   at Crown Point......... 36-0  W       
 Oct 15   MONTICELLO............. 13-0  W      
 Oct 21   LAFAYETTE.............. 32-0  W
 Oct 29   at West Lafayette......  6-0  W       
 Nov 04   KENTLAND............... 26-0  W  
  • Haha 1

27 team was LIGHTS OUT!!!   I heard the train was late which led to shorten pre game vs Attica!!!  

Correct Monticello is hub of White County, home of 3a Twin Lakes 

Kentland, one of the 3 towns that @CoachDurham helps bring together (Brook, Goodland, Kentland) for the Rebels of South Newton 

Attica, is well, Attica 😃