Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Homestead 70, Carroll 41

Homestead solidified itself as the second best team in the SAC last night. But the score versus Carroll is a bit deceiving. Although Homestead is very good, they aren't 29 points better than Carroll. After a couple of charger turnovers, the Spartans took a 14 point lead. Every time Carroll came within 7, Homestead would go up 14. Once Carroll realized that, they seemed to have lost their luster. The difference in the game was really a matter of turnovers...........and kudos to Homestead, because that's what good teams do. I look for a closer game if they play again in sectionals.

Although I've dubbed Dwenger as the best team in the SAC this year, is Homestead the true kingpin? The Spartans are 7-0 versus Snider, Dwenger, and Carroll over the past two years. 

Homestead will win Sectional 3 in my opinion, but we'll find out what they are really made of when they play Westfield. The Shamrocks might have their best team of all time this year. 

1 hour ago, Thor77 said:

Ummmm how can Dwenger be the best if Homestead beat them? 

Dwenger was in control most of the game despite being without their best player.........which happens to be a running back. Dwenger wins that game 9 out of 10. So yes, Dwenger is the best team in the SAC. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Dwenger was in control most of the game despite being without their best player.........which happens to be a running back. Dwenger wins that game 9 out of 10. So yes, Dwenger is the best team in the SAC. 

Ok, whatever. Just sounds like an excuse. 

So the question is ... “if Homestead and Carroll hadn’t been voted off the NE8 island would they be there today?” Or... would they have joined the SAC of their own volition by now?  They obviously belong there.  Good fit.

1 hour ago, Purdue Pete said:

So the question is ... “if Homestead and Carroll hadn’t been voted off the NE8 island would they be there today?” Or... would they have joined the SAC of their own volition by now?  They obviously belong there.  Good fit.

Agree, it was a win/win for all. The SAC lost Elmhurst and Harding and gained Homestead and Carroll. That's a win for the SAC. Homestead and Carroll have better competition in the SAC than they did in the NHC (mainly because of school size), therefore raising the bar for their athletic programs. 

1 hour ago, Thor77 said:

Ok, whatever. Just sounds like an excuse. 

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I know a good football team when I see one. Kind of like South Adams..........a very good team that would wax many schools twice their size. Last year Homestead beat Dwenger because they were the better team. Then they lost their running back Braeden Hardwick at the end of the season. Ask any player, coach, or fan at Homestead if they were a different team after that. It's the same thing with Dwenger not having their RB Tippmann playing in the game. And it still took Homestead a last second score to to force overtime. Dwenger has a special team this year. It's a shame they won't be able to call themselves SAC champs. It's ok though, they've got their sites on getting to the state championship game.

Good luck to the Starfires. This could be their year. 

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I know a good football team when I see one. Kind of like South Adams..........a very good team that would wax many schools twice their size. Last year Homestead beat Dwenger because they were the better team. Then they lost their running back Braeden Hardwick at the end of the season. Ask any player, coach, or fan at Homestead if they were a different team after that. It's the same thing with Dwenger not having their RB Tippmann playing in the game. And it still took Homestead a last second score to to force overtime. Dwenger has a special team this year. It's a shame they won't be able to call themselves SAC champs. It's ok though, they've got their sites on getting to the state championship game.

Who else is there?  AC?  Nope.  Southwood?  Nope.  LCC?  Nope covid.  So down to state go the star fires... Lutheran?  Yep

26 minutes ago, BTF said:

Ok, I’ll take that. Definitely would have changed things. I would love to see Dwenger make a run, probably one of the few teams in our area who can get deep in the tournament. And thanks! Hoping for a run!

• Like 1