Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #4

4-0 for the Temp last week.  Here we go!

Brownsburg at Avon:  If a rivalry game cannot bring out your best, what can?  Brownsburg seems to have retooled and is a conference title contender once again, whereas Avon is reeling in a bad way, particularly on the defensive end.  I don't see things getting much better this week for the Orioles.  Brownsburg rolls 34-14.

Hamilton Southeastern at Fishers:  Another rivalry matchup of two surprising resurgent teams on tap.  Both teams trending in the right direction and this one should be an instant classic with an incredible atmosphere.  I'll go with the Royals in a squeaker, 24-21.

Noblesville at Westfield:  Noblesville appears to be more than just a bye week for HCC foes as they gave Fishers all they could handle last week.  Westfield romped over a good Zionsville team and should be able to put Noblesville away early.  The Millers' best shot is to control the clock with their ground game.  I'll say 'Rocks 30-17.

Zionsville at Franklin Central:  Similar to Carmel in the MIC, Zionsville should have a feel good week on their hands after getting beaten by Westfield last week.  Like Noblesville, Franklin Central is not a complete pushover but I don't think they have enough for the Eagles.  Zionsville 27-14.

Similar to what I did for the MIC, I think the HCC's "tiers" are not as clearly defined but I will try my best.

Tier 1:  Brownsburg, Westfield

Tier 2:  Hamilton Southeastern, Fishers, Zionsville

Tier 3:  Noblesville

Tier 4:  Avon, Franklin Central

40 minutes ago, temptation said:

Brownsburg at Avon:  If a rivalry game cannot bring out your best, what can?  Brownsburg seems to have retooled and is a conference title contender once again, whereas Avon is reeling in a bad way, particularly on the defensive end.  I don't see things getting much better this week for the Orioles.  Brownsburg rolls 34-14.

Hamilton Southeastern at Fishers:  Another rivalry matchup of two surprising resurgent teams on tap.  Both teams trending in the right direction and this one should be an instant classic with an incredible atmosphere.  I'll go with the Royals in a squeaker, 24-21.

Noblesville at Westfield:  Noblesville appears to be more than just a bye week for HCC foes as they gave Fishers all they could handle last week.  Westfield romped over a good Zionsville team and should be able to put Noblesville away early.  The Millers' best shot is to control the clock with their ground game.  I'll say 'Rocks 30-17.

Zionsville at Franklin Central:  Similar to Carmel in the MIC, Zionsville should have a feel good week on their hands after getting beaten by Westfield last week.  Like Noblesville, Franklin Central is not a complete pushover but I don't think they have enough for the Eagles.  Zionsville 27-14.

Similar to what I did for the MIC, I think the HCC's "tiers" are not as clearly defined but I will try my best.

Brownsburg 41 Avon 7.  The 'Burg runs over, around and through a swiss cheese defense.

Fishers 27 HSE 21.  Home team gets the nod.

Westfield 28 Noblesville 14. Rocks are just a sound football team.

Zionsville 27 Franklin Central 21.  An improving Flashes squad surrenders to a Hall-of-Fame kicker's son.

19 hours ago, temptation said:

Not sure why, but Noblesville played their backup QB the entire game against Fishers. Hard to tell if it even matters considering how much they run the ball. It would be nice to see Sharpe add at least 5-10 passing plays per game. There were 2 key drives in the 2nd half, i.e. when Noblesville had the ball and a chance to win in the final minutes, when the Millers relied on the run in a passing down. Fishers' coach is apprently not a big fan of kicking PAT's. I've checked all of their box scores and I believe they've only attempted 1 PAT. They succesfully completed 2 pt conversions after both of their TD's against Noblesville.

I agree and think Brownsburg wins by at least 20.

I'm going with Fishers at home by 6 in front of an overflow crowd. 

Noblesville at Westfield could get ugly. I have a feeling Brownsburg and Westfield are the two teams that will blow the game open against Noblesville. The secondary is the weakest link of the Noblesville D. Webster should have a field day throwing the ball to go along with running alongside Hauser. LIke you said, only shot is to control the ground game and keep Westfield's D on the field. 

No chance for the upset in Franklin Township? Feels like a trap game for Zionsville. I don't know much about FC this year other than West is their coach and they don't appear to be a complete pushover.

Brownsburg at Avon:  Two teams going in completely opposite directions.  Brownsburg has done a great job replacing all of the talent they lost to graduation.  I expected a drop off from Avon, but not even close to this degree.  Brownsburg 42, Avon 14.

HSE at Fishers:  The best game in the state this week.  The most electric atmosphere of any high school football game in Central Indiana.  I'll go with HSE 28, Fishers 21, but quite a few good HSE teams have traveled across town to Fishers and gotten upset over the years.

Noblesville at Westfield:  If Westfield's defense is able to hold Cathedral to 14 points, then I expect their defense to be able to stack the box and slow down Noblesville's rushing attack.  Due to the rivalry aspect of this game, I expect Noblesville to keep it close for the first half before Westfield eventually wears them down and pulls away late.  Westfield 31, Noblesville 14.

Zionsville at Franklin Central:  This is a trap game for Zionsville.  Jayson West already has Franklin Central much more competitive against really good teams, as evidenced by the Roncalli and Brownsburg games.  Zionsville's coach has to get the message across to his team in practice this week that if they aren't focused and ready to play on Friday, they'll get beat.  Assuming Zionsville doesn't look past Franklin Central, I expect Zionsville's physicality at the line of scrimmage to lead Zionsville to a 27-17 victory over Franklin Central.

The HCC games this week are definitely more interesting than the MIC games this week.

Edited by LC_Bears_04

On 9/6/2021 at 1:39 PM, temptation said:

3-1 for the Temp in what was a telling week in the HCC.

Brownsburg and Westfield did what they were supposed to do but HSE continues to roll in disposing of Fishers.  They are now firmly in tier 1.

A thud from Zionsville (kudos to the posters who gave FC more credit than I) but their status as a contender in 5A north remains unchanged.  

Noblesville has a couple of cute wins but couldn’t handle the bright lights against Westfield.

FC is improving while Avon is a dumpster fire 

14 minutes ago, temptation said:

3-1 for the Temp in what was a telling week in the HCC.

Brownsburg and Westfield did what they were supposed to do but HSE continues to roll in disposing of Fishers.  They are now firmly in tier 1.

A thud from Zionsville (kudos to the posters who gave FC more credit than I) but their status as a contender in 5A north remains unchanged.  

Noblesville has a couple of cute wins but couldn’t handle the bright lights against Westfield.

FC is improving while Avon is a dumpster fire 

I was expecting Westfield and Brownsburg to roll, but that HSE score was eye opening.  I’m going to go back and watch that one. I haven’t watched them play this year.

I like what Noblesville is doing with the power rushing attack, but they have got to mix in a passing game. Can’t keep relying on the run on 3rd and long. Wouldn’t hurt to mix it up some on earlier downs as well. 

41 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I was expecting Westfield and Brownsburg to roll, but that HSE score was eye opening.  I’m going to go back and watch that one. I haven’t watched them play this year.

I like what Noblesville is doing with the power rushing attack, but they have got to mix in a passing game. Can’t keep relying on the run on 3rd and long. Wouldn’t hurt to mix it up some on earlier downs as well. 

Huge one forthcoming this week with HSE/Westfield.  That’ll tell us a lot about the Royals.

won’t pretend to know much about Noblesville or Sharpe specifically but it seems like building a lead and getting off to a fast start is a critical foundation for that offensive philosophy.  If they get down they are not going to be able to catch up.

25 minutes ago, FBfanatic40 said:

I may be biased a bit, but I think Franklin Central is going to win their next three (Avon, Noblesville, Fishers) to set up a big match up against HSE. Should be a great game!

Yes, you’re biased. But, I see no reason to believe it’s not possible. The Flashes could prob do it.