Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

College Football Playoffs 11/9

BTF

Takeaways:

Michigan ranked ahead of Michigan State. I think it's cut and dry. It took the Spartans a late comeback on their home field to derail their "big brother." Then turn around and lose to a three loss Purdue team. On a neutral playing field, which is what the playoff is played on, 90% of football fans would agree that Michigan would win the second time around. 

Michigan State ranked ahead of Notre Dame: ND's loss came to Cincinnati at home. MSU's loss came to Purdue on the road and was never in doubt. Edge to ND. Key wins for the Irish are Purdue and Wisconsin. Key wins by MSU...........Michigan. Edge: even. Advantage Notre Dame. 

How about the Boilers coming in at 19?

• Like 1

Eh, I get it but I’d still be a bit peeved if I were MSU.  It will work itself out in the end and really doesn’t matter at this point so getting outraged about it is pointless

Head to head (in particular the final score) has to matter first and foremost.  Oregon is still in front of OSU despite the fact that I think if they played again this weekend, OSU would probably be favored.

MSU losing to a team that was unranked at the time did them in.  Michigan’s loss is “better” but it came at the hands of Michigan State, lol.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Eh, I get it but I’d still be a bit peeved if I were MSU.  It will work itself out in the end and really doesn’t matter at this point so getting outraged about it is pointless

Head to head (in particular the final score) has to matter first and foremost.  Oregon is still in front of OSU despite the fact that I think if they played again this weekend, OSU would probably be favored.

MSU losing to a team that was unranked at the time did them in.  Michigan’s loss is “better” but it came at the hands of Michigan State, lol.

Although still in the hunt, MSU will go bye bye in the upcoming weeks. I still maintain that they will have at least two losses by the end of the regular season. It could be four. Now that Purdue disposed of them, I'm going to roll with three losses. Out of the playoff picture. 

The chances of Michigan finishing with three losses is pretty strong as well. But I think Michigan has a better shot to be part of the conversation in upcoming weeks.

Brutal schedule coming up for both programs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Although still in the hunt, MSU will go bye bye in the upcoming weeks. I still maintain that they will have at least two losses by the end of the regular season. It could be four. Now that Purdue disposed of them, I'm going to roll with three losses. Out of the playoff picture. 

The chances of Michigan finishing with three losses is pretty strong as well. But I think Michigan has a better shot to be part of the conversation in upcoming weeks.

Brutal schedule coming up for both programs. 

Oh I agree completely and both have a slim to none chance of beating OSU.  But from a historical perspective, all that matters and all that folks will remember from the Michigan/MSU game from 2021 is 37-33.  

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Oh I agree completely and both have a slim to none chance of beating OSU.  But from a historical perspective, all that matters and all that folks will remember from the Michigan/MSU game from 2021 is 37-33.  

Ohio State looks vulnerable. I wouldn't say that neither have a chance, although Michigan's chance is much better than MSU's. 

6 hours ago, temptation said:

With MSU and Michigan still having Ohio State and Penn State on their schedules, they are not done losing games yet.......they will drop.  The Big 10's hope once again lie with the Buckeyes......

Sorry guys...just read your responses....guess I felt like piling on.....flag thrown on me for the late hit....

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1