Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

John Hart - Brownsburg Head Football Coach / Updated Comments

Please see below Coach Hart's latest comments regarding the transfer issue which was discussed in a prior thread :

I was asked what I would change if I was in charge of the IHSAA for a day. My hope was that my response would clarify & support the IHSAA & the rule on transferring. I have zero hard feelings for the coaches, IHSAA, or the kids who transferred the previous 2 years. I do not have any knowledge of any school or coach breaking any rules. My proposal would educate families & prevent anyone from being punished if they transferred for the right reasons. I believe if the coaches reported to the IHSAA about any contact they had about transfers then the IHSAA could help the student on the legal way to transfer without the fear of getting punished. 
We (coaches) are here to help kids, support the sport we love, & build community & school spirt. 

Coach Hart's original comments can be found on the Indiana Gridiron Digest facebook page

Can you just directly link to the original comments? 

this is pretty much just click bait man. Like you post a generic coach speak response to something that seems like drama…and then you link to the entire page to make everyone scroll to find it

speaking generally….social media and online content is all about a retention rate…and if you don’t have the audience engaged with what they are looking for in 30 seconds, you lost them.  

I’m not trying to be that guy either with you….just figure if you are going to push the content, at least streamline the process and make it a better product.  

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

@temptationmaybe I deserve that downvote (I probably do) but honestly it’s with good intentions.  I’ll click on Mr. DTs content and gladly read and have public discourse about the topics…whether we agree or not.

it would just be better for all involved if we just had a direct link to the topic. 

if I posted a topic that was on fox news or cnn or whatever news you watch….you would want the link directly to the article and not for me to just give you cnndotcom or foxnewsdotcom and for you to find the link on that page ya know? 

2 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

@temptationmaybe I deserve that downvote (I probably do) but honestly it’s with good intentions.  I’ll click on Mr. DTs content and gladly read and have public discourse about the topics…whether we agree or not.

it would just be better for all involved if we just had a direct link to the topic. 

if I posted a topic that was on fox news or cnn or whatever news you watch….you would want the link directly to the article and not for me to just give you cnndotcom or foxnewsdotcom and for you to find the link on that page ya know? 

I just don’t get it.  The hate for @DT is unreal.  Whether or not you agree with him, his intentions or his motives, he’s providing content and publicity to a damn high school message board in the offseason when the games are still over a month away…and people have the nerve to bitch about having to click, scroll or are inconvenienced by taking a couple of extra moments to find the content.

Just put your dislike for the guy aside and approach it from an “any content is better than no content” perspective and you’ll be a much happier person.

Or just keep scrolling.  It’s not that hard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, temptation said:

I just don’t get it.  The hate for @DT is unreal.  Whether or not you agree with him, his intentions or his motives, he’s providing content and publicity to a damn high school message board in the offseason when the games are still over a month away…and people have the nerve to bitch about having to click, scroll or are inconvenienced by taking a couple of extra moments to find the content.

Just put your dislike for the guy aside and approach it from an “any content is better than no content” perspective and you’ll be a much happier person.

Or just keep scrolling.  It’s not that hard.

Completely fair.  And I probably am often on the critical side of him just to be contrarian.  I also just want to see good content.  I liked the HHF content and I’m not exactly sure why it changed names or whatever happened

but you’re right….it’s content in the dead of the offseason and I’m finding a thing to complain about