Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Culver vs LaVille 

Culver should be feeling very good. I know Ortiz has been out or was out for a bit. I know they had a couple lineman out against Triton.  Shuman is an absolute animal. Mike Zehner is an outstanding guy and glad to see even what they lost last year still being 4-4 is pretty good. 

I think LaVille's biggest issue will be how they adjust wo Plummer.

Triton Vs Winamac 

Triton is just simply bigger, stronger and they got more facial hair (mighty ducks 2 reference). They shouldn't have much of an issue w Winamac. I watched Judson and LaVille play online and was blown away about how healthy our kids stayed in the game vs both schools due to the size of both. Triton prob not near as big but big enough. This year is unfamiliar territory for Winamac. They haven't had a 2 win season since the early 90s and its treading that way. They however only lose 2 kids off this years team that make a big impact. They return about 19 or 20 kids that get playing time, so hopefully a good off-season can make next years prospects better. 

North Judson beats Pioneer for the first time as conference foes. 

Crazy to see how down Pioneer is.

Knox rolls Caston. Radtke one of this years is gonna have a legit team at Knox.

8 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

Culver vs LaVille 

Culver should be feeling very good. I know Ortiz has been out or was out for a bit. I know they had a couple lineman out against Triton.  Shuman is an absolute animal. Mike Zehner is an outstanding guy and glad to see even what they lost last year still being 4-4 is pretty good. 

I think LaVille's biggest issue will be how they adjust wo Plummer.

Triton Vs Winamac 

Triton is just simply bigger, stronger and they got more facial hair (mighty ducks 2 reference). They shouldn't have much of an issue w Winamac. I watched Judson and LaVille play online and was blown away about how healthy our kids stayed in the game vs both schools due to the size of both. Triton prob not near as big but big enough. This year is unfamiliar territory for Winamac. They haven't had a 2 win season since the early 90s and its treading that way. They however only lose 2 kids off this years team that make a big impact. They return about 19 or 20 kids that get playing time, so hopefully a good off-season can make next years prospects better. 

North Judson beats Pioneer for the first time as conference foes. 

Crazy to see how down Pioneer is.

Knox rolls Caston. Radtke one of this years is gonna have a legit team at Knox.

Heard Plummer is done for year. Colin Czarnicki is back up which is gifted athlete comes in. Kid can play and Laville wins by 21 at minimum 

9 hours ago, Jmumm1235 said:

Heard Plummer is done for year. Colin Czarnicki is back up which is gifted athlete comes in. Kid can play and Laville wins by 21 at minimum 

Yeah, the backup still looked like a decent athlete and the one ball he threw deep to 21 looked great.  LaVille wins this easily 42-0.

Edited by littledog

13 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Only questions for me are if Triton will get refocused after two losses, and if LaVille will have any type of letdown after their big win.  Culver is set up for a nice sectional run.  They should be feeling good right now.

Pretty crappy draw for Triton gotta travel to Pioneer and the go to North Judson!

11 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

Culver vs LaVille 

4-4 would be good, but we are 5-3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldschool said:

Pretty crappy draw for Triton gotta travel to Pioneer and the go to North Judson!

Tough draw for the Trojans.  Look at it like this . . . 

Win two games on the road and play at home for the sectional championship!

Still a chance that will happen!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

5 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Tough draw for the Trojans.  Look at it like this . . . 

Win two games on the road and play at home for the sectional championship!

Still a chance that will happen!

In 2018 Triton won the sectional by winning all three games on the road.  It's not easy, but can be done.  Although beating Judson at Liberty Field this year would be a monumental upset!

Edited by FinePrint
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AubbeenaubbeeCav said:

4-4 would be good, but we are 5-3

Forgot you guys beat WC haha. 

On 10/9/2022 at 10:20 PM, Jmumm1235 said:

Thats what my LaVille friend said too. It's a shame! Kid can ball. 

On 10/9/2022 at 10:20 PM, Jmumm1235 said:

That is a tough injury for the team and for the player. I watched the replay back several times and it was a typical run by the LaVille QB and a good football tackle by North Judson.

If I am not mistaken, the Czarnecki kid has played QB a couple of years and moved to a diffferent position because he was needed and it was the best overall move for the team.

I think this back-up will be just fine.

We will see come Friday night.

Guess that's why coaches say, 'Next man up'

from_the_sidelines007

24 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

That is a tough injury for the team and for the player. I watched the replay back several times and it was a typical run by the LaVille QB and a good football tackle by North Judson.

If I am not mistaken, the Czarnecki kid has played QB a couple of years and moved to a diffferent position because he was needed and it was the best overall move for the team.

from_the_sidelines007

Agree nothing was dirty about the tackle. Just a freak injury that could happen to any running QB.

Yes the backup is the JV Qb and also was junior High Qb for my Dad. He may not be a good as athlete at the QB position as Plummer, but he can do plenty and hopefully enough to lead them! 

Lavile strength is their line and power so keep leaning on that and pass when need to. Honestly Laville hasn’t passed much after the Triton game and went to pound and ground and some play action. 

26 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

from_the_sidelines007

But now you’re taking him from the other position that they needed him at and replacing him with an inferior player.  Still affects the team.

Just now, Oldschool said:

But now you’re taking him from the other position that they needed him at and replacing him with an inferior player.  Still affects the team.

He has only caught 3 passes all year. So offense won’t be as much. Just depends if keep him at Corneback as he starts their and has 5 picks on year 

• Like 1

Hopefully there won't be much of a drop off in offensive production.  I know in the Triton game, LaVille's passing offense broke that game open.  And I would suspect they'll need to be a little versatile against Andrean if they're going to win that one.  At least Czarnecki will have a couple games to prepare.

So here's my two cents for this final week of the regular season . . . 

Caston at Knox

LaVille at Culver

Pioneer at North Judson

Winamac at Triton

Congratulations to the Lancers on their first-ever Hoosier North Athletic Conference Championship.

Well deserved for Coach Hostrawser and the Lancer Football team.

Keep the change

from_the_sidelines007

• Thanks 1

It appears to be a pretty bland set of games this week.  Not much to discuss for the last week of the regular season.

Caston at Knox - Knox won't get much of a chance to sharpen their game heading into next week's sectional play.  Caston is probably already looking at the rematch with West Central next week.  Knox Redskins 56-0

LaVille at Culver - If there is an interesting game this week, this one might be it.  I don't expect Culver to make it close, but it will be interesting to see how LaVille looks with a new QB running the show.  LaVille Lancers 48-0

Pioneer at North Judson - The Jays have lost 13 straight to the Panthers.  This is the year they turn the tide.  Pioneer ends the regular season with their worst record in over a quarter century.  North Judson Bluejays 42-0

Winamac at Triton - This young Winamac team will find themselves overmatched in this one.  The senior dominated OL of the Trojans and the hard running Schuh will pummel the young Warriors.  They might get a score off a turnover or late against the JV.  Triton Trojans 49-7

Running clocks by the 4th quarter in every game this week.

6 hours ago, FinePrint said:

It appears to be a pretty bland set of games this week.  Not much to discuss for the last week of the regular season.

Caston at Knox - Knox won't get much of a chance to sharpen their game heading into next week's sectional play.  Caston is probably already looking at the rematch with West Central next week.  Knox Redskins 56-0

LaVille at Culver - If there is an interesting game this week, this one might be it.  I don't expect Culver to make it close, but it will be interesting to see how LaVille looks with a new QB running the show.  LaVille Lancers 48-0

Pioneer at North Judson - The Jays have lost 13 straight to the Panthers.  This is the year they turn the tide.  Pioneer ends the regular season with their worst record in over a quarter century.  North Judson Bluejays 42-0

Winamac at Triton - This young Winamac team will find themselves overmatched in this one.  The senior dominated OL of the Trojans and the hard running Schuh will pummel the young Warriors.  They might get a score off a turnover or late against the JV.  Triton Trojans 49-7

Running clocks by the 4th quarter in every game this week.

You are telling me Triton will beat Winamac worse then what Knox did, North Judson or LaVille? Okay. 

20 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

You are telling me Triton will beat Winamac worse then what Knox did, North Judson or LaVille? Okay. 

I don't think they'll be able to stop Schuh.  Just depends on how many carries he gets.  It might not be that bad if they only give Schuh 15 carries like they've been doing in blowout wins.  He scores every 5th time he touches the ball, so I guess 15 carries would only be 3 scores for him.  

On 10/9/2022 at 6:23 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Hard To Believe The Final Regular Season Games Have Arrived 

Caston at Knox

LaVille at Culver

Pioneer at North Judson

Winamac at Triton

What say you?

from_the_sidelines007

Caston vs Knox - Knox

Laville vs Culver - Laville

Pioneer vs North Judson - Judson

Winamac vs Triton - Triton

I personally don’t see any of the games really close this week but that’s why play the game. Also does Culver have a broadcasting station, would like to hopefully see Laville win the title but can’t be at the game!