Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2023 Hog Talk/Save The Date

I know Dave Weitz is going to post this also, but I want to get a jump on him.    February 18th in Fishers we are hosting the 2nd Annual Hog Talk Clinic.    This is a unique Offensive Line only clinic.   The lineup is pretty diverse and specialized with multiple types of schemes and a dynamic speaker list.   

Here is the link for registration

https://www.60secondclinic.com/hogtalk

Speakers are, in no particular order

Darrin Fisher-Whiteland HS

Whiteland A Gap Power Scheme

Jimmy Graves-Warren Central

Inside Zone vs. Multiple Fronts

Brad Wilson -U Indy:    

Uindy Perimter Run Game

Michael Curtis-Warsaw HS:            

Fast, Fun and Fysical:  The Three F's for Flexbone OL Success

Nick Hardwick-Westfield

Pass Protection in Detail

We have about 150 years of football experience and knowledge in this group and it is a great way to spend an off-season Saturday.    A light breakfast and hearty lunch will be provided along with a social afterwards at a nearby watering hole.    I'm excited to be co-hosting this event with Dave, and he works tirelessly to make sure all the logistics are handled each clinic.  

This clinic was developed to offer the OL Coaches out there an opportunity to develop their skills and tools to ensure success on the field in the fall.    Sharing and collaborating has always been a staple of Indiana football coaches and I am proud to offer this opportunity.     If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me personally at 317-473-0096 and you can email me at cradican75@yahoo.com

Chris Radican

Varsity Assistant/Offensive Line

Hamilton Southeastern HS

• Like 1

Last and final bump.  Until the next one.   

Great clinic coming up in Fishers next Saturday.    Myself and David Weitz will be hosting the clinic at Launch Fishers, with a great lineup of speakers covering several topics in the OL game.      Make sure and get registered.   Also, great  for youth and middle school guys as well.     Nothing better than talking about OL play on a Saturday in the off season.    

Let's get a few more coaches registered between now and Saturday.   What a great opportunity to listen to 5 great football minds!   Let's go.   You won't regret attending that I will assure you.    Coach Weitz has agreed to wear one of his special Grey T-Shirts for the event.   That doesn't happen too often if you know Dave!    

This will be the final post for this clinic.   The 2023 Hog Talk Clinic will be taking place at Launch Fishers, located just off I-69 and 116th St.     It's a great venue and the clinic lineup is very solid to say the least.     Click on the link above if you are still interested in attending.     I am excited for this event and we've been working since last year's event to make this one better than ever.  We will be taking walk up registrations but if we run out of food I'm blaming those guys.   Just kidding, I way over ordered just in case.     If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.   

The 2023 Hog Talk has come and gone.    I am so excited for what happened on Saturday.   We had 5 great speakers.   Coach Hardwick from Westfield made a huge impression on everyone and one thing is for sure:  that dude is playing chess while the rest of us are playing checkers.   All the coaches were impressive and I'm not sure how we can improve for next year's event.  But we will sure try.    

I've already begun prep for next year's event with a long list that I will work down to a solid 5-6 guys. It'll be about the same time of the year and probably at the same location.   If anyone has any ideas or input I am open to suggestions.   If you were one of the 5 dozen coaches in attendance, please feel free to provide input and ideas for next year.   I'm hoping to get over 100 coaches there next year and I'll keep working to make that happen.    Have a great off season fellas!

Chris Radican

@Grover that's a great point!

We tried to schedule around the Glazier Clinics as much as possible, it just gets hard to find open weekends in Feb, and then March is IFCA and a month's worth of different school's spring breaks. 

The bottom line though, is I agree, gotta try and avoid the wrestling State Finals, it's such a cool weekend!

At least Coach Rad didn't schedule it on Easter weekend like I did last year!

• Like 1