Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Western Boone to leave Sagamore Conference, will form new six-team league

10 hours ago, XStar said:

Thanks for the news.  So that this yet unnamed conference appears to have reached the magical 6 members, what will it be called?   Sure wish these 5 schools hadn't abandoned the Sagamore moniker to the likes of the other 3 three, something that has yet to be explained.

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Thanks for the news.  So that this yet unnamed conference appears to have reached the magical 6 members, what will it be called?   Sure wish these 5 schools hadn't abandoned the Sagamore moniker to the likes of the other 3 three, something that has yet to be explained.

I would say the explanation was that they left the conference so the remaining 3 retain the conference name. Had the 5 voted out the other 3 then a conference name could have stayed with the 5.  Only explanation that makes sense to me.

43 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

I would say the explanation was that they left the conference so the remaining 3 retain the conference name. Had the 5 voted out the other 3 then a conference name could have stayed with the 5.  Only explanation that makes sense to me.

Which I still puzzled as to why that didn't happen,  unless there was some kind of conference bylaw to prevent it.

On 5/19/2023 at 2:42 PM, Muda69 said:

Which I still puzzled as to why that didn't happen,  unless there was some kind of conference bylaw to prevent it.

the only explanation that was given was that all schools were transparent in thier intentions, and a vote out would have been something done backhanded???? maybe