Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFD Dandy Dozen 4A

10 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I like North, a lot. They have size and D1 talent all over the place. I just don't trust them. 

The 4A Title game has the makings of another massacre this year unless NorthWood 

The 5A north is in pretty good shape with Valpo, Snider, and Merrillville. It's a shame North Side missed 4A by eight students. North Side would give 4A North a pulse. With a bit of luck, Dwenger will be back to being Dwenger by the time they bump back down to 4A. 

On 7/30/2023 at 5:23 PM, scarab527 said:

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. NorthWood has to be the favorite in 4A North now, no?

Northwood turns into the favorite coming out of the North preseason (I'd still have them ranked in that 4-5 spot behind EC, Roncalli, New Pal, and maybe Reitz). Obviously with the entire season to be played with teams emerging, injuries, etc. It's a long road to LOS but on paper NW has some pretty exciting horses that would run wild on the turf of LOS and controlled environment and probably show the best for a 4A north team. Problem for NW is getting there; are they able to weather to storm (pun intended) of those cold, windy, snowy, muddy, Friday nights of late October and November with their elite WR core? 

On 7/27/2023 at 1:06 PM, npcougar15 said:

There is a major gap between the North/South in 4A right now. Not sure what certain programs from the South lost, but East Central should be the favorite by a long shot. New Pal, Roncalli, Memorial, and Reitz should round out the top 5 if we are being honest. Northwood seems way too high and Kokomo had a lot of impact seniors leave to be considered top 5. My top 10 would look more like:

1. East Central - Heavy favorite

2a. New Pal - Even if they take a step back they are still top 5 in 4A

2b. Roncalli - Even if they take a step back they are still top 5 in 4A

4. Reitz - Damn good team last year, just had a hiccup at a horrible time

5. Memorial - Outside of Roncalli; played EC the toughest.

6. New Prairie - Lost some pieces but have enough returning from a trip to Indy to warrant the top spot from the North

7. Kokomo - Had some big boys that are gone. Don't know what they have returning, but I can see them being TOUGH

8. Northwood - unfortunate circumstance last year, but they weren't getting by NP. NW seems overrated every year. Lost too much to be #3

9. Mooresville - Been solid the last 5 years. And with a HOFer at the helm they Aren't going anywhere. Pretty underrated program.

10. Northview - Not much to go off of. Just like them in this slot

Nitro Tuggle is back at NorthWood