Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #1

Plus Carmel/Center Grove...

Ben Davis @ Cincinnati Moeller:  A couple of good litmus tests for Indiana schools this weekend as BD takes on OH #2 Archbishop Moeller.  Won't pretend to know a lot about our friends from the Buckeye state but know they are uber talented, led by Michigan RB commit Jordan Marshall and have talent across the field.  I think they are slightly more talented than BD and have homefield advantage so it is tough to pick against them.  BD's depth keeps it close but gimme the home team.  Moeller wins 23-17.

Carmel @ Homestead:  Relying heavily on my Fort Wayne brethren on the board as many have indicated it may be a rebuilding year for the Spartans.  Not an easy bus ride for the 'Hounds but I think they win going away.  Carmel 30-14.

Center Grove @ St. Edward's (OH) (Saturday):  Wish I could get to see this one and would once again love to see how Hoosier squads stack up as two heavyweights take the field in northeast Ohio.  Not technically a road game for CG but might as well be.  Think St. Ed's is simply too much in the trenches and think they are gonna roll.  The Trojans could likely be more competitive were this one later in the season but too much unproven talent for this guy to pick them.  Even a close loss here is respectable but I don't see it.  Hope I am wrong.  Ed's wins 34-20.

Fort Wayne Snider @ Warren Central:  This one is intriguing to me as a true litmus test for both teams.  If Snider can make the long bus ride and keep this one close, 5A needs to be on high alert.  This seems like a lose/lose for Warren as there prestige (likely unfairly) sets high expectations when playing a 5A program.  I think the Panthers keep it close but Warren wears them down.  Warriors 34-24.

Lawrence Central @ Arsenal Tech:  New leadership at Tech against leadership at LC that was in a similar position a few years ago.  It's gonna take time.  LC wins comfortably.  41-13 Bears.

Lawrence North @ Avon:  New leadership at Avon attempting to get the Orioles back to respectability.  Don't know a ton about either team heading into the season honestly.  Gonna pick defensively here as Mallory's program is more established.  A nail biter though.  LN 30-27.

North Central (Indianapolis) @ Fishers:  I think NC has the right guy but it is also going to take time.  Fishers is a fringe top ten team (and possibly more) in my opinion.  Tigers roll 41-17.

Pike @ Zionsville:  I think both teams have a lot to prove and like LN/Avon I need to see some results before picking with confidence.  Gimme the Eagles at home 24-20.

What say you?

Edited by temptation

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

Center Grove @ St. Edward's (OH) (Saturday):  Wish I could get to see this one and would once again love to see how Hoosier squads stack up as two heavyweights take the field in northeast Ohio.  Not technically a road game for CG but might as well be.  Think St. Ed's is simply too much in the trenches and think they are gonna roll.  The Trojans could likely be more competitive were this one later in the season but too much unproven talent for this guy to pick them.  Even a close loss here is respectable but I don't see it.  Hope I am wrong.  Ed's wins 34-20.

As always, it’s a great day to be an Eagle!

Moeller wins by a TD

Carmel wins comfortably over Homestead but next 3 games will be challenging, especially with such a young roster

As the best team in Ohio and the Midwest, I fully expect St. Edward to win, but I'll never count Center Grove out of any fight.

Warren by 14 over Snider

LC better dominate Tech from start to finish otherwise much bigger games against LN and Warren will be a challenge

Think LN wins a close game but rooting for Avon to beat them

Fishers will blow out North Central

Zionsville by a TD over Pike