Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #5

21-3 on the season...

Fishers @ Brownsburg:  Both teams coming off of rivalry games, one ends in heartbreak (Fishers) one ends in continued domination (Brownsburg).  Expect a sluggish start from both but tons of talent on the field in this contest.  I will roll with the 'Dogs at home 31-21.

Franklin Central @ Avon:  The Flashes NEED this one after losing at home to Zionsville last week.  Many, myself included, thought they could compete in the top half of the HCC and that still may be the case.  If it is, they should have little trouble against a rebuilding Oriole outfit.  I think they "escape" with one here.  27-21.

Westfield @ Hamilton Southeastern:  The Rocks have won their past three contests by a combined 9 points which could bode well for them as the season progresses and they get an HSE squad feeling all fat and happy after a big rivalry win.  That being said, I think Westfield's luck runs out here and they are on the losing end of a close one.  HSE wins 27-23.

Zionsville @ Noblesville:  Zionsville has quietly improved and won by double digits on Indy's southeast side last Friday in a bit of a shocker for me.  Things don't get any easier this week as they travel to Noblesville whom I have been trying to figure out for the last 3 years.  This is a statement game for both teams to prove they can compete with the upper tier of the conference and I will take the Millers at home by a slim margin of 20-17.

What say you?

1. Brownsburg vs. Fishers: What can you say? Brownsburg's offense was just too good for Fishers to handle. Hart has speedsters at the skill position and the WR heading to Minnesota is really good. Fishers will go into the playoffs with 2 or maybe 3 losses and still be a team that's capable of representing the North. 
  2. Good win for Franklin Central. Have to win games like this to continue to move up the food chain in the HCC.
  3. Wow, back to back thrillers involving HSE. Great back and forth game with fantastic coaching and play calling. HSE's RB had the highlite of his life by breaking 2 tackles for what appeared to be the game winning TD with about 45 seconds left. Then, on their first play from scrimmage, Westfield runs a perfectly executed hook and ladder to get into the Red Zone. 2 plays later and they have the ball inside the 5 with enough time left to run one play, which turned into a jump ball at the GL that their RB grabbed as he was laying on the ground. Wild finish. Gilbert is one helluva coach. Possibly best in the HCC.
  4. I was at this one. I've been to all of Zionsville's games minus Franklin Central. Trying to be PC here, but I think Zionsville's OC and HC need to figure out how they have a 6'1 JR WR with NFL pedigree and offers from Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Ole Miss, Pitt, Purdue, Wisconsin, etc. and you can only score 7 points against a defense that has given up a lot of points to every offense they've played that wasn't extremely inexperienced  (Homestead). I've seen enough of Zionsville to see Hilton's involvement in the passing game seems to only be fly routes down the sideline. And as long as the ball is catchable he pretty much always out jumps or maneuvers around a DB to get the ball. He had a nice TD grab in double coverage on an underthrown ball that was called back due to a holding. IIRC Zionsville's only points were a TD catch from Hilton. I watched the way Brownsburg used Corey Smith (Minnesota) and HSE used Donovan Hamilton (multiple MAC offers) in their passing games last night and it leaves a lot to be desired out of Zionsville and the way they use Hilton in the passing game. Great win for Noblesville. They completely dominated this game. 
Edited by Boilernation

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Wow, back to back thrillers involving HSE. Great back and forth game with fantastic coaching and play calling. HSE's RB had the highlite of his life by breaking 2 tackles for what appeared to be the game winning TD with about 45 seconds left. Then, on their first play from scrimmage, Westfield runs a perfectly executed hook and ladder to get into the Red Zone. 2 plays later and they have the ball inside the 5 with enough time left to run one play, which turned into a jump ball at the GL that their RB grabbed as he was laying on the ground. Wild finish. Gilbert is one helluva coach. Possibly best in the HCC.

Anybody have decent video of the last play? I’m hearing a lot of people saying the catch was short of the goal line. The Hudl video is inconclusive. The wing official was in perfect position for the call, and he didn’t hesitate to go up with the TD signal.

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Anybody have decent video of the last play? I’m hearing a lot of people saying the catch was short of the goal line. The Hudl video is inconclusive. The wing official was in perfect position for the call, and he didn’t hesitate to go up with the TD signal.

I don’t. It did look really close to going either way. The feed from HSE’s stream didn’t have a good angle.