Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional Draw 2023

19 hours ago, Rodney said:

Shtick..., what nonsense I have no shtick!

I'm very versatile

I love forming brilliant ideas to better high school football in Indiana, such as the post-game zebra press conference

I love making wild claims that can't technically be proven incorrect

I love fighting with BTF about how there is no real football north of Indy other than a few FT Wayne schools

I used  to love poking fun at 1a football, but apparently, I can't do that anymore (freakin communist is what it is)

Most importantly I love the images in my head of you angrily responding to things I write.

About the Parkhurst thing, I set my team to Merryville the day they lost last year in hopes of messing with him every time he posted anything

unfortunately, he disappeared so that didn't pan out

Am currently taking applications for my next "team"

send suggestions to my inbox ye

currently thinking about becoming a GS fan and posting a weekly thread about how Chatard should be in 4a so we can be relevant

If I had a "shtick" it would be pressing enter at random intervals in my paragraph

isnt that a daisy.jpg

On 10/13/2023 at 6:07 PM, psaboy said:

Who is team of the week this week? I thought you have have been buddies with Cody, don't see him on here anymore

Brother Parkhurst is alive and well on the Region Sports Forum posting his weekly DAC Rankings and giving random predictions. Now that Valpo is possibly down to their 3rd string RB (Burda out too?) he's back to having hope that Merrillville has a chance. I think he has the Pirates losing to Snider in Semi-State.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lysander said:

Speaking for this fan (and I suspect many others), they’re (Chatard) not satisfied but, unfortunately, they will always play where the IHSAA assigns.  Catholics are big on rules…I’m not one, btw….but I’m big on rules too.

As regards that (and I’ve said this 1000 times….now 1001), the IHSAA is waaay to cute about always pairing Chatard and Roncalli in 4A Sectionals (as they would always pair Cathedral/Roncalli when they were in 4A).  Historically, Chatard and Roncalli are almost perfectly .500 against one another BUT splitting Sectional  victories sends Chatard back to 3A.  The fact is, even in a REALLY down year, Chatard is almost always going to be a Top 5-10 4A team….yet they are also generally going to split Sectional Championships generally with Roncalli (at best).  Which will always send them back to 3A.  

Thanks IHSAA.

To fix this I’d suggest two simple “fixes”.  One is a rules change as to the Success Factor and the other is a “pairing” problem.

1. Stop constantly pairing Chatard and Roncalli in Sectional.  I know it’s a vicarious groin thrill for most when Catholics knock each other out but, in the end, it really screws up 3A.  BTW, very few talk about Evansville Memorial (who has kicked @ss in 4A but is bumped 3A) but they, to a degree, are part of the 3A Catholic “problem” (you can thank me later @tango) …..I’m pretty certain Chatard has never beaten Memorial…at least in my lifetime.

2. Change the Success Factor point requirements for bumped teams to simply need 1 point to stay “up”.  That by itself might solve the “Chatard” problem (but it’s also a Memorial problem) in 3A….but I guarantee you’d solve it by not always pairing them with Roncalli in conjunction with changing it from 1 point to stay up a class.

Honestly, I have a lot of respect for Chatard. A friend of mine from Crown Point married a Chatard girl and I've learned through her and her friends that Chatard really is a family. Her brother played for St Pius X and was a really good DB for Chatard. I get it now. 

That's a really good point about Chatard and Roncalli that I hadn't thought of. And I agree with your thoughts on the success factor. 

I really hate the way our Tournaments are formatted. It just sucks. And I'm not talking about how the 2 clear best teams in a Sectional can meet int the 1st round. I'm talking about how we can go weeks with just crappy slates of games. No offense to teams that fit that criteria, but when I turn on a Regional Championship I don't want to see .500 team because their Sectional was weak and not because they upset someone big.

Here's the format I would prefer: Solves the problem of those who want an all-in format and those who want to seed.

All In Format:

Sectionals:

• Split teams into North/South buckets
  • Identify teams (pick a percent of total in large area) in Central Indiana that are on a “borderline” 
    • The borderline can float North or South depending upon the geographic locations of the teams making up a Class
    • Split borderline teams in half and have them rotate between North and South bracket on a yearly basis as long as they remain in the same Class the following year
      • Figure out a set of rules if the above creates uneven brackets
  • Seed the North bracket and then seed the South bracket
    • Higher seed is home and then switch to current location rules 
      • This helps or hurts a poorly (both directions)  seeded team.
  • The Visiting team has the option of picking a neutral location if the Home team’s field is greater than a certain mileage distance from the visiting team.

Regionals:

• Re-Seed the remaining 8 teams taking Sectional results into consideration
  • Higher seed is home 
    • The Visiting team has the option of picking a neutral location if the Home team’s field is greater than a certain mileage distance from the visiting team.

Semi-State:

• Re-Seed the remaining 4 teams taking Regional results into consideration
  • Visiting team travels no matter how far the location

Stat Finals:

• Should be an entertaining game

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 2