Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Regionals

I figured the HNAC Regional deserved its own thread.  Big week for the HNAC. 

1a- Park Tudor @ North Judson- The kids from Broad Ripple get to make that long ride to the heart of the heartland.  Park Tudor is undefeated.  Judson is 8-4 and battle tested.  Two of their losses are to the other HNAC teams in the Regional this week Knox and LaVille.  The other two losses are to teams that played for a Sectional title and lost.  Should be a great game.  QB Gordon from Park Tudor is a special talent.  2000 yards passing and 1500 yards rushing.  Get out to Liberty Field and see who wins.  

2a-LaVille at LCC-  The lancers only loss on the season is to Knox the 3a sectional winner.  LaVille has taken care of business.  LCC is 9-3 but they play a tough schedule between the Lafayette schools and the Hoosier conference.  

3a- Knox at West Lafayette- Knox is undefeated on the season.  They have ground and pounded everyone with Miles and Conroy.  West Lafayette is coming off a crazy comeback to defeat an undefeated team.  Knox only has 38 players.  West Lafayette struggled with the power running game of Tippy Valley a few weeks back.  Has anything changed?  

The final season of this iteration of the HNAC was a success.  Four teams played for sectional titles with three of them winning.  Knox and LaVille leave next season to join a new conference.  Good luck to everyone and let's support these teams as they make their run towards more hardware for the trophy case, but most importantly, WHO YA GOT!?

Definitely a great year for the HNAC!  There seemed to be a lot of balance in the top half with many close contests deciding the final conference standings.  Congrats to Knox, LaVille and Judson.  Great seasons for all of them!

In the 1A contest, I'm not sure either defense will be able to stop the opposing offenses.  This one will likely come down to ball security and costly penalties.  Should be a fun game for spectators!

LaVille slayed one parochial giant.  Can they take care of another one in the same season?  I don't think the Hoosier was as tough of a conference this year as it has been in years past.  But I would lean toward LCC at home.

This may be where Knox's strength of schedule catches up to them.  At this point they've played the weakest schedule of the remaining 3A teams.  On the road at West Lafayette will be a challenge.

Too bad they can't play the 2A and 3A games in the Lafayette area with a double-header on Saturday!  They would likely get a great following from Marshall, St. Joe and Stark counties!

22 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Definitely a great year for the HNAC!  There seemed to be a lot of balance in the top half with many close contests deciding the final conference standings.  Congrats to Knox, LaVille and Judson.  Great seasons for all of them!

In the 1A contest, I'm not sure either defense will be able to stop the opposing offenses.  This one will likely come down to ball security and costly penalties.  Should be a fun game for spectators!

LaVille slayed one parochial giant.  Can they take care of another one in the same season?  I don't think the Hoosier was as tough of a conference this year as it has been in years past.  But I would lean toward LCC at home.

This may be where Knox's strength of schedule catches up to them.  At this point they've played the weakest schedule of the remaining 3A teams.  On the road at West Lafayette will be a challenge.

Too bad they can't play the 2A and 3A games in the Lafayette area with a double-header on Saturday!  They would likely get a great following from Marshall, St. Joe and Stark counties!

Is every team the favorite this week at regionals? No. 

Do i think we could have a similar post next week with all 3 teams at semi state? Yes.

All 3 of the HNAC schools will have their hands full with their opponent this week but I think all 3 have a chance to pull it out. 

Knox- Must find a way to get stops and play mistake-free football. WL will be the best team they will have played and is a team that just understands how to win. It shows in their big comback win against Hanover. 

LaVille- They need to contain the big play. I don't like their chances if it starts to turn into a high scoring affair. 

Judson- Game plan needs to be similar to last week against Triton. Like LaVille, there has to be a big emphasis on preventing the big plays.

Broad Ripple Effect

Regianal Championship Edition

Written, edited, and dictated by: Spanky Harper

Some men are born hard.  Hard as a rock.  Harder than blue steel.  Casted in the fires of denham and tempered by the bogus ditch. Those boys from Judson were molded at birth by long cold winters and low incomes.  The only warmth cummin from a sweat hog.  This is the life of a starke county boy.  This is judson.  Some might call it pound town.  

Tonite the kids from broad ripple were welcomed to pound town.  Some things in life are really hard to overcum.  3 divorces and child support.  A lien on your fiero.  The legion runnin out of your favorite cold beverage.  You cant overcum these things.  Park tudor tonite had a hard time overcumming benson, mcdaniel, and wilcox.  They had both hands full with kozecar and sanchez.  It was a long nite and a longer ride home.  

THe worst part is that there is really nuttin to eat between Judson and whichever way they rolled into town.  Some gas station chicken if ur lucky.  Hope they packed some snacks.  As for the jays ther gunna stay hungry.  Coach lambert has those boys in blue playing there best ball at just the right time. sometimes you have to take lumps during the season to prepare urself for when the games really matter.  I know i deserved every beatin i got along the way.  Like the time monroe timm punched me whilst i slept on the school bus.  I learned a valuable  lesson that day.  Dont sleep on the bus when monroe timm is around.  

As long as the bogus flows and baileys sells expired candy at a low price.  As long as the hogs sweat and the wappels toil in the fields.  As long as fingerhuts slings donuts and the legion has pull tabs.  The bluejays will fite.  

Spankin by the Numbers 

1st- time the blue jays have ever won 3 regional championships.

2nd-time that Judson has taken park Tudor to pound town.

3rd- regional title in four attempts for coach lambert. 

4th- the place I took in the local karoake contest sponsored by the starke county co-op.  Next time I’m tearing the house down when I sing nuttin but a good time by poison.