#76 LeatherHead

LeatherHead
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFW
  • High School:FW Snider
  • Position:Fan

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Thought Snider played pretty well actually. Was a defensive battle for the first 2.5 qtrs. The Panther defensive front was winning the LOS til Penn wore them down late. Think they'll be alright going forward.

I would say that's a fair statement.  Snider defense played five plays to their offense one play.  Panther offense where 3 and out all night, while defense was on the field 75% of the time.  Penn's defense played the run very well.  Penn's defense on the pass was spotty at times, but good.  We had or chances , but could not hang on to the ball.  Good Luck Penn going forward.

Go Pathers!

#77 komets3001

komets3001

100 Post Club

• Varsity
  • Pip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne
  • Position:Alumni

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Thought Snider played pretty well actually. Was a defensive battle for the first 2.5 qtrs. The Panther defensive front was winning the LOS til Penn wore them down late. Think they'll be alright going forward.

What?! No way you should say Snider played well, they had 50 yards offensively. They lost 38-0... There are no moral victories... I know your a Penn fan, your team is really good this year, but to say Snider played well, that's ridiculous...

#78 psaboy

psaboy
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpper Indiana

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

Can't gain only 60ish yards and consider you played well. Snider has work on all sides of game to improve; D, O & ST

#79 AverageAmericanMale

AverageAmericanMale

500 Post Club

• Varsity
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on a pale blue dot.
  • High School:Penn

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

I said for the first 2.5 qtrs... aside from the one big Oakley run, I doubt Penn's offensive number were much better up until the long drive in the 3rd qtr. It could have as easily been a 17-7, 17-14 type of game if Snider capitalizes on the blocked punt and the defense wasn't on the field as much. I didn't feel comfortable/like Penn was playing all that better until we went up 17-0 and ate like 8mins (?) off the clock.

#80 komets3001

komets3001

100 Post Club

• Varsity
  • Pip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

I said for the first 2.5 qtrs... aside from the one big Oakley run, I doubt Penn's offensive number were much better up until the long drive in the 3rd qtr. It could have as easily been a 17-7, 17-14 type of game if Snider capitalizes on the blocked punt and the defense wasn't on the field as much. I didn't feel comfortable/like Penn was playing all that better until we went up 17-0 and ate like 8mins (?) off the clock.

What did Snider do offensively in the first 2.5 quarters to make you think they were in the game? Yes, Snider's defense hung tough for awhile, but offensively Snider was never competitive...

#81 AverageAmericanMale

AverageAmericanMale

500 Post Club

• Varsity
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

What did Snider do offensively in the first 2.5 quarters to make you think they were in the game? Yes, Snider's defense hung tough for awhile, but offensively Snider was never competitive...

What did Penn's do?

#82 GOLDRUSH85

GOLDRUSH85
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGranger , In
  • Position:Ex-player

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

What did Penn's do?

Scored 17 points

#83 Yuccaguy

Yuccaguy

800 Post Club

• Booster 2013-14
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne
  • High School:Unbiased Official
  • Position:Official

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Scored 17 points

It actually could only be a maximum of 16 (counting 2 Safeties)...so I am figuring 12 instead (TD's)?  With the offense kicking the extra points and a FG?  

#84 Snider01

Snider01
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

I know in the FW paper Tippmann said Snider dropped a TD pass in the endzone, so there's 6 that we threw away...not that it would have made a difference in the outcome, but at least we wouldn't have been shut out.

#85 AverageAmericanMale

AverageAmericanMale

500 Post Club

• Varsity
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

Scored 17 points

As I said, when it got to 17 late/midway through the 3rd qtr (2.5 qtrs in) things changed. Snider's D was on the field for 6-8mins during that drive, were worn down, and the floodgates opened. I think mentally/physically they imploded, they didnt just become less talented. Up until that point it was a pretty even contest with Oakley's short yardage QB sneak turned 50+yd TD run the only noticeable difference in offensive output. That's not start to finish domination, there was a definite feeling out period between the two.

It reminds me of Penn/Carmel in the state game a few years ago. Penn was "dominated" according to the scoreboard, but people forget the first 3-4 Carmel possessions started inside Penn's territory and resulted in a TO and 2-3 FG's before Carmel wore out a very good defense (with the help of an inept Gold Rush offense that couldn't get a first down) and started pouring it on. What gets lost in the end result is that was a very game WB defense even though the team as a whole wasn't very balanced and were blown out.

I think Snider's defense can keep them in most games at the 5A level. Their offense needs improvement, they're not a complete/balanced team yet, but they have something to work with. I could see them riding a strong defense through the playoffs... we did a few years ago.

Penn's playing well, but "domination", "team to beat in 6A north" deserves some context.

Looking ahead, "contextually", St Joe might be a unique/good game if their QB is healthy, but they're not great on defense and should be outmanned/outmatched vs Penn. We've beaten/dominated 2/3 of our sectional already, Sectional 1 doesn't look like it has any world beaters (MVille lost to a good 3A, but still a 3A. Lake Central lost to a .500 5A school). We might get to semi-state before we see a legitimate top to bottom strong team. This is a good win, but not necessarily indicative of how things are going to go. Lot of room for improvement.

Edited by AverageAmericanMale, 15 September 2013 - 03:18 AM.

#86 psaboy

psaboy
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpper Indiana

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

Are there any more quotes or "quips" from Tippmann trying to splan/justify total waxing and lack of anything in game?

I was at game and it was bad, probably worse I've seen them play in looooooooooong time. Yes, they dropped TD pass, but lets not turn that into positive, it was not a well thrown ball to begin with. D did have a few bright spots, but the offense was o so terrible. 

Special teams punting is awful, kickoff's poor and FG suspect. That area alone will team cost a game or two, or turn a game they should easily win to a game that they could get beat in.

#87 scarletknights

scarletknights
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 90 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

AAM,

You always seem to have good insight. Question about Snider. Are they a team that can be challenged in the 5A North? I don't think anyone in their sectional will be able to beat them. Looking at the other 3 though: Sectional 9 is wide open but I still have a feeling Mishawaka comes out of it. Concord looks to be the favorite in 10 and Westfield looks like the favorite in 11. Do you think any of those 3 teams can compete with Snider?

#88 AverageAmericanMale

AverageAmericanMale

500 Post Club

• Varsity
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

All but Mishawaka. The rest can score points in bunches and Snider doesn't look like a team that will win many shootouts. Munster might be the team to come out of sectional 9.

It's likely Concord's regional to lose.

Snider and FW North could be a close one in sectional 12, but I imagine Westfield would be favored in the regional against either by Sagarin based on quality wins.

Concord vs Westfield in semi-state. Probably pick Westfield based on level of competition they've faced throughout the season.

#89 scarletknights

scarletknights
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 90 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

All but Mishawaka. The rest can score points in bunches and Snider doesn't look like a team that will win many shootouts. Munster might be the team to come out of sectional 9.

It's likely Concord's regional to lose.

Snider and FW North could be a close one in sectional 12, but I imagine Westfield would be favored in the regional against either by Sagarin based on quality wins.

Concord vs Westfield in semi-state. Probably pick Westfield based on level of competition they've faced throughout the season.

Good info, thanks

#90 TennBobcat

TennBobcat
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 68 posts
  • LocationKnoxville,Tennessee

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Snider

Another poor performance on a long road trip for Snider. It's no wonder Snider plans to schedule only local games in the near future.

Heard there was some pushing and shoving on the sidelines last week against Northrop. Did Snider just give up in the second half against Penn?

Glad I didn't make the two hour trip.

Remember one thing Snider. You are still Snider. You will recover. You will dominate again, probably even this year. Your choice.

Penn

So Penn beats Snider tonight 38-0. True, Snider never plays good on the road. True, Snider might not be as good as they were last year. But Snider is still Snider. Great win for Penn. In fact, I may rank Penn #1 this week in 6a. Be afraid Indy, be very afraid. Sounds like Penn is back, and it sounds like Penn is BAD. Good luck the rest of the way Kingsman!

If Snider only schedules local regular season games in the future, that could mean next season may be their last chance at redemption vs Penn if Snider stays in 5A.. I hope they keep this in mind and use that as a motivational thought for off season training/pregame/game preparation for next year..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users