Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

It looks we may very well have a baseball season this summer!   Expanded number of playoff teams (yet a more shorter season), a universal DH, different conference realignment to reduce travel (Cubs and White Sox in the same league!), many other items such as player-owner revenue split--I hope it works out...

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

It looks we may very well have a baseball season this summer!   Expanded number of playoff teams (yet a more shorter season), a universal DH, different conference realignment to reduce travel (Cubs and White Sox in the same league!), many other items such as player-owner revenue split--I hope it works out...

I was thinking about this yesterday.  The Cubs will play against only NL and AL Central division teams in the regular season.  I like that.  very old school.

So Cubs will play :

Cards

Bucs

Crew

Reds

Sox

Tigers

Indians

Royals

Twins

I'm so glad baseball is back.  I hope the union will get behind this.  I see lots of upside with the plan for this year.

I think the player's union will like the 30 man rosters with possibly up to 50 (per ESPN report)

Lots of chances for players to make more money...that's a win.

Let's go go go go White Sox...been waiting a few years for a season like this.

Ricky's boys don't quit

1 hour ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

I haven't seen the most recent proposal, but I'm guessing if its like the other prospective plans I've seen they will also be playing only in select southern cities?

I saw a version on ESPN.com

13 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Illinois and Ohio is balking at the idea of games being played in their cities, even without fans.

Currently, I am in Illinois (at my office) and have seen less than 10 people today.